Where did my updates go?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Alichan, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Alichan

Alichan Guest

Hi all,

A curious thing happened to me just now. I just went into iTunes to check for any interesting app updates, and it appears that the existing pile that I hadn't downloaded have vanished into the internet ether :confused:

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Yep, just happened to me, i had a noise.io update, went to check for it now, and......nothing, weird.

3. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    probably just a server issue.....don't panic

4. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    That happens once in a while. It seems to happen to Windows users more often from what I've seen. It happens to me all the time from the App Store app.

Yesterday, my downloads screen randomly reverted to the last pile of downloads I had a few days ago. I restarted iTunes and it worked fine(I use a Mac).

BTW, I'm moving this to the apps thread,since it's not about games specifically.

5. Alichan

Alichan Guest

...good to know I'm not the only one. I'm also on a Mac, so I'll give the old restart technique a blast and see what happens...

6. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

It's not a mac or windows thing. The updates disappeared from my phone. They were there last night, then gone this morning. Sounds like an Apple server issue or something.

7. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    That happens to me very often. But only on the app store from my iPod.

I also noticed that, on windows vista, if I check for updates, iTunes becomes unresponsive. I then have to force quit and start a new session... It then works perfectly. But it's happened every day for quite some time now.