Wifi multiplayer issue.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Udubudu, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Udubudu

Udubudu Member

May 14, 2009
    Me and my friend have a problem with wifi multiplayer games. We could play normally in my home wifi but we cannot play in other wifis(have tried a few). One hosts but the other cant see it. This happens with all games. I just would like to know that is it the wifis fault and if yes then what exactly.

2. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

are the other wifis locked, like school wifi wont work and usually work wifi wont work

3. Udubudu

Udubudu Member

May 14, 2009
    The other wifis were open.

4. Udubudu

Udubudu Member

May 14, 2009
    Still would like to know.

5. DirkRugged

DirkRugged Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Games Designer
    At the moment Calgary AB, Canada
    Sounds pretty weird, I had I similar issue and found that my friend and I had different OS updates. Once we were both updated we could play fine.

6. unconnected

unconnected Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    London, UK
    Are these other WiFi networks in public places, i.e. shopping malls etc? As these type of open WiFi networks usually require you to accept an agreement and/or give payment details before you use them.

If they're not, do you have admin access to the WiFi access point in question?

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Turn off bluetooth (if you haven't already).

8. Udubudu

Udubudu Member

May 14, 2009
    We hve the same OS updates.
    The wifis were in public places(so no admin access). But we hve played in a restaurant.
    Dont have bluetooth. (iPod touch 2.2.1)