What is the best Photo scanner in the AppStore?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Wediafom24, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    TA'ers, I am looking to buy a photo scanner. I have noticed there are scanner Pro and Camscanner but has anyone tried to scan photos using those apps? If so, are they any good or they are meant to scan documents, notes and reciept only? Or I am I better off just to buy Vupoint solution's magic Wand portable scanner? I greatly appreciate you guys' input.

2. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Anyone?

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I haven't played with those apps, but having played with a few OCR apps, I've been disappointed with all but business card scanner apps - the camera just isn't well suited for full page scanning.

You'll get much better results from a dedicated scanner. If I was forced into having to 'scan' with my iPhone, I'd just use a camera app and dump the PNGs to a computer for processing. Here at work we use Laserfiche which does a bang-up job of processing directories of image files, post-scan processing/cleanup, identifying and OCR'ing. There's even an iOS client app. :) Might be overkill for what you're doing though.

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Never actually used one myself I don't imagine they work very well but I do know the PDF Reader I have on my iPod has one built in (if I had a camera).
    It's worth picking up just a reader as it does a very good job and lets you crop the edges of PDF's has text reflow and some other good functions.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-reader-file-scanner-file/id325924458?mt=8

Might be worth taking a look at.

5. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Thanks for your help bro, I appreciate it:)

6. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Thanks bro, I have decided to try it ( only $3 bucks). I will let you know:)

7. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

You say a "photo scanner".. if thats what you're looking to do, just use the Camera App.

8. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    #8 Wediafom24, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
    That is actually a smart idea but the camera app lacks in editing and enhancing the photos. I have an album full of childhood pics that I want to transfer to my camera roll and used my iPhone 3GS to "scan the photos", but they came out worse.

9. Dave Z

Dave Z New Member

Aug 28, 2013
    #9 Dave Z, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    photo scanning app iPhone

Pic Scanner is a very cool free app coz it can even take combo scan of 2 or 3 photos and it automatically splits and save everything. Quality of photos is good. BTW with free version u can scan as many photos as u like but only once sharing, then u need to buy "unlimited sharing" for $2.99 but that's ok

There website is www.appinitio.com/picscanner and on app store u can also find easily