Fish Out of Water (By Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Aussie Aussie Aussie!

2. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    This looks like it could be good. I'll be buying this the night it releases.

3. Peanuts

Peanuts Active Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Community Coordinator at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    Oi oi oi!

4. Peanuts

Peanuts Active Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Yep! It's out April 18th for $0.99. It's also a universal app! :D

5. Peanuts

Peanuts Active Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Also, for those interested, we've just released the first of two behind-the-scenes videos for Fish Out Of Water. Check it out if you want to know more about how the game was made!

6. mr_marts

mr_marts Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    #26 mr_marts, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    Finally a good reason to make a purchase this week, since badlands the games have been well pretty crappy.

7. johnem95

johnem95 Active Member

Mar 25, 2013
    I'll definitely be getting this one :D

8. Valius_Forta

Valius_Forta Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    So what does everyone think? I love the game so far; joined the toucharcade6 league lol. Only managed to pull a 9.7 so far.

Not exactly sure on the perks of some of the fishes so far or any proper strategies; does anyone have some to share? :)

Also Peanuts can you give us some more insight on how the scoring works? Sometimes I get really long distance throws and get a 10 and other times (with the same weather) I get less for the same. There any hard data on how to get higher scores? :3

9. Peanuts

Peanuts Active Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey there, glad you're enjoying the game! Scoring is based on skips, distance and other unique factors such as current weather conditions. Just like real people, the crabs are dynamic and do not always give the same score twice. Each character has unique properties and their effectiveness can vary as the weather changes. Try experimenting with different angles and new combinations to get the most out of a round. I don't want to give too much away as that would ruin most of the fun! Good luck and I'm sure you will get the hang of it in no time. Enjoy!

10. Allen95

Allen95 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    California
    #30 Allen95, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    I read an article in Kotaku about the game. I wasn't considering downloading it but after all the hype around the interwebs I decided, "Meh, what the hell, sure I'll try it I guess." Turned out to be everything I expected but It was still alot of funsies, not addicting, but funsies. The game totally needs more of a driving force behind it other than just getting a highscore in different weather conditions and such. I like the objectives but it would be a good idea to add unlockables and maybe even another game mode. And of course more fishies, duh. Btw the fourth unlockable picture in the photo album has a subliminal image of a shlong. Halfbrick sure are perverted.