Are there any games like Half Minute Hero for iOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ServiceGames, Jan 1, 2014.

1. ServiceGames

ServiceGames New Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Looking for games that can provide a lot if content in a very short amount of time. Lately, I have noticed that I'll start playing a game, look up and notice 20+ minutes have gone by without me even noticing.

Are there any games like Half Minute Hero or the 60 timed mode of Lumines: Electronic Symphony available for iOS?

...essentially games that offer a lot of content in a very short amount of time and also strictly enforce a time limit so that you can't accidentally let time slip past without noticing?

Thanks in advance

SG

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Um... You can try Fightback, Real Racing 3, Flick Kick Football Legends and Gunner Z.

They are great games but wont let you play more than a few minutes unless you shell out money. Sounds like what you are looking for.

I cant believe im suggesting a list of games i personally hate coz of the wait timers. o_O

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Don't think he means timers as in freemium timers. I think he means games where you have time limit/meter and need to watch it, and you fail if it reaches zero
    Something like that?

Not sure if they're the genre you're looking for but here are some recommendations:
    - Puk (only have a few seconds per round)
    - Cubed Rally Redline/Cubed Rally Racer (need to maintain your fuel)

I'm positive there are more. I'll get back to you

4. ServiceGames

ServiceGames New Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Yes... something that gives you only 30 seconds to a minute, and then that session is over. Thank you for the recommendations. I'm honestly surprised Half Minute Hero hasn't come to iOS to be honest.

Thanks again

SG

5. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Games like Super Hexagon and Beat Drift only last seconds so you might be interested in those kinds of reflex testing games

In Jet Car Stunts and most likely the upcoming sequel Jet Car Stunts 2, Bike Baron, and Draw Rider Plus, most levels last from anywhere to 30 seconds to 2 minutes, sometimes shorter, sometimes a bit longer

No meters or time limits for those games, but the levels are short and quick

There are others. I'll post more later

6. ServiceGames

ServiceGames New Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Well, it looks like iOS may be getting some form of Half Minute Hero after all. Maybe not quite the same, and no announcement for a US release date yet. But, a Google search for half minute hero returned this: 100 Turn Hero

SG

7. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Maybe you could check 'A weird RPG' - a RPG boiled down to sessions of only a few minutes, or maybe MicroVentures - a roguelike experience with quite short levels but very entertaining!

8. I agree TC, Half-Minute Hero is really fun, and it would be great on iOS. At least the PSP version.