Galaxy on Fire 2 worth getting?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TotallyImba, Aug 7, 2011.

1. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I recently watched the latest Star Trek movie and really enjoyed it, especially all the ship battles. It put me in the mood to play a space game and was looking at Galaxy on Fire 2 and Star Battlion.

Any of them worth getting? which has the best combat?

2. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Galaxy on Fire 2 + Valkyrie DLC. Worth every penny, especially if you have a current gen device that shows off the amazing visuals.

3. TotallyImba

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    It would be for an iPad 2.

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yes definitely. It's one of my favourite games on iOS. Graphics look great, controls are excellent and gameplay is very fun with the open world and varied missions.

If you're getting it for iPad 2 then I recommend you wait for the iPad 2 version which is coming this Autumn.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=102860

5. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Why could you have not asked this question in the what should I get thread?.......

6. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I have spent around 40-50 hours playing GoF2 + Valkyrie, one of the best games I have ever bought in the Appstore. And the price seems like a joke compared to what this game has to offer. Great graphics / audio, story, voice acting. The only thing I would like to see improved is a more complex fighting mechanics.
    I'm buying an iPad 2 in the nearby future and this is one of the first games I will play again from the start, just to see it on a bigger screen.

Oh yes, it IS worth getting :)

7. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    GOF2 for sure, especially with an iPad 2. It is amazing.

8. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    GoF2 is definitley worth getting. Never played Star Battalion. It is a space sim where you can pirate, fight, and trade. It starts out with a storyline. After the storyline, the game opens up for freeplay as you create your own story. Make more money. Buy better ships and better equipment. Etc.

9. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Definitely worth getting Galaxy on fire 2 on IOS it's one of the best games there but I'm really not to sure about their mac port because as good as galaxy of fire is it doesn't really compare to freelancer (mind you I'm not sure that is on macs).

If galaxy on fire ever adds a decent sized storyline, multiplayer and inertia into the combat then it could probably be a possible freelancer contender.

10. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    It's not my type of game, but get it if you think it's good. :)

11. TotallyImba

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I think I will buy it now rather than wait for the iPad 2 version. I don't know when in autumn it is coming and can't guarantee it will be bug free. I think the graphics on the current one look good enough.