I'm making a Dungeon Raid clone game...

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by songkranw, Mar 7, 2013.

1. songkranw

songkranw Well-Known Member

#1 songkranw, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    After my other project has gone to oblivion. I'm decided to make something from the game I love most.

App Icon
    [​IMG]

I just silly name this game as...
    "Ten Hundred Thousand Dead"
    [​IMG]

Gameplay screen

[​IMG]

A zombie survival theme Dungeon Raid inspire game.

"It's a Dungeon Raid with guns" quote myself.

[​IMG]

See the gameplay video here. Actually I think you guy know how to play.

http://youtu.be/iHO4fEz9yGk

Please leave a comments I'm open to any suggestion and idea.

2. songkranw

I've made a graphic change.

Have some artist to redesign graphic for me hope your guy will appreciate.

Are any Dungeon Raid Fan out there? Hello?

3. lumarama

lumarama Well-Known Member

#3 lumarama, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    Hi there! I love Dungeon Raid and Dungeon Story. So it will be interesting to see new game in this genre. But please don't do 1:1 clone - add something new to the genre!

The idea "collect-boots-to-walk" looks interesting! Also I expect to see different types of zombie.

4. ryanmillercg

ryanmillercg Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    Looks really nice, good work.

Might I suggest some text animation to make the messages below the game canvas a little more visible? If you spawn the letters big then shrink them down to regular size, the players eye is more likely to notice something is happening.

5. songkranw

Thank you for the advice!
    It's nice to know a fellow DungeonRaidian.

Think that I've added to the game to make it different from the original.
    - You collect boot to move from place to place once you reach it you get a different event and bonus. Currently I made a safe house,full restore and reset board. An abandon building(random) you get a choice of bonus like heal, ammo, armor or new equipments. A Survivor which can be merchant, which you can buy things or a bandit which result in having bandit appear on the board.
    - You can found weapon which has a random stats, I'll make it feel like a Borderlands as much as possible.
    - You can have a "Passive skills" ,"Limited skills" and "Enegy useage skill" apart from the original "Cooldown base" skills which also include. Currently I've made a total of 12 skills for the first version which cover the basic tactics.
    - The Boss monster have two kinds. One is a zombie boss which are "Fatty","Runner" and "Brute". Another is a bandit boss which are "Hunter", "Scavanger" and "Sniper". i'm going to add more in the next version.

Currently for the first version It will only be a "survival mode", which every time you die you have start all over, but I'll make a "career mode" where there will be a different character for you to select.

6. songkranw

Also I'm looking for anyone who interest to be a tester. I cannot pay you any money but in return I'll add your name in a credits.

7. songkranw

Try doing a shrinking text but I can't seem to make it right. It's keep floating back and forth. So I made a running text instead.

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #8 Vovin, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    You need a catchy icon and a really catchy name. That's two major factors if you want to be successful with it.
    Also, don't just clone. Invent or design new stuff. Otherwise, people could get bored quicky. There's also the chance that the game gets bashed if you're just copying.
    But the idea with the walking to different location is a nice one. That could add a fresh feeling to the game.

Suggestion: after drawing a line and releasing the finger, an appropriate sound effect should be heard. Like "bang" when you shoot, or sounds of walking when you're walking.
    Never ever underestimate sound effects. They add a lot to the game's atmosphere.
    I wasn't able to tell if it has, from the youtube video.

Oh, and I'd be willing to testflight once you're beta. Have a lot of experience with these "chain-matching" games. It's one of my favourite genres.

9. songkranw

@Vovin Thank you for your advice I'm working on adding sound effect. Also could you PM me your device id so I can give you a beta game.