ATTIC EYES - beta [universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jez Hammond, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Jez Hammond

Jez Hammond Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Hey Gamers,

Check this out...
    Attic_Eyes_(level12).png

Attic Eyes is a unique game which I made throughout 2012. There's currently room for beta testers to join up and help by providing any thoughts at all, that's it!

http://tflig.ht/ZC8nki

2. Jez Hammond

Oct 20, 2012
    In case anyone missed it earlier... Especially looking for iPad (any) owners but ALL community are welcome regardless of device or experience :)

photo.PNG

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Can you tell us something about your game?

4. Jez Hammond

Oct 20, 2012
    Certainly. Attic Eyes involves both rolling and swinging around 3D levels. The player connects to any objects which are collided with; guiding a set number of the 'glowing eyes' on their way to the pyramid object. There are also enemy eyes which chase the player around the levels. Players can compete in Game Center leaderboards for best total time, also over each zone of 4 levels - the zone times are also decoded inside the game to represent per-level times..so that's kinda like having up to 96 leaderboards (when only 25 are available via Game Center!).

With 32 levels at launch, plus 'more further developed' updates containing all future levels (free to update as the app will be pay once...also later a 'Free' version (8 levels) which will contain an option to upgrade to 'Full'. Currently there is also a 'Support the developers' option of 1 US dollar. I expect the price of the full game to be 2 bucks.

Attic Eyes has realistic physics both on and off of the ground, also realistic sound (Doppler effect, world-space music!), and graphics (again custom made effects for this game, including a very fast Phong shading which I spent a couple of months refining!). The game utilises the excellent 'Bullet' physics engine, on top of that I have developed a custom centripetal forces system, this gives quite a driving-feel to the game allowing the player to 'turn on a dime' just as gameplay should be!

The game has taken quite a while as it is developed by just myself. At this time I would say it is a very challenging game, which with practice can become highly competitive. I am currently working on a set of tutorial levels for the next beta update (around a week). The help with testing so far has been very useful and inspiring, thank you all.