Bounce On - On sale for $1.99 (World 4 coming soon)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VoodooVyper, May 7, 2009.

1. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    #1 VoodooVyper, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
    Bounce On is now on sale for $1.99 (from $3.99) until the new world 4 is released.

[Link]

Highly recommended game for fans of adventure/platformer games.

Edit: whoops I put this in the wrong forum, can a mod please change it?

2. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Wow... I haven't even beaten world 2 :(

3. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Does the dev have anything to say about this? Any World 4 screens besides this one?

[​IMG]

4. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I haven't heard much through twitter from him either..

5. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Washington
    Hey everyone, I know it's been taking awhile but we are now working on world 4 in full force.

It's been a pretty busy past 2 months for us, we moved to a new office which *just* got internet yesterday and finished a new game that should be in the app store soon(hopefully Friday).

I also finished up my last job and have joined the team full time. We now have 5 full time employees and another one joining in July.

If you haven't seen the world 4 screenshot yet it's at: http://www.teamphobic.com/

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

So I take it you're making bank?

7. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Washington
    We are doing okay, had some good months and some bad months so they even out. We are all working VERY hard, but mostly it is what we love doing and we are happy to be in a position to make money doing what we love.

8. cazure

cazure Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Glad to hear it! The screenshot looks good, though IMO Bounce On's spirit really can't be captured in a still image. I'll be anxious to see how it plays. I bought it the last time it went on sale, prior to the World 3 launch, and I absolutely loved it. I've beaten almost every level, but even Silver medals remain an elusive achievement for me on plenty of them...lots of replay value here!

Anyone who doesn't have it yet should definitely buy it. :)

9. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    #9 Kartel, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
    Hey guys, this there any way you can add an alternate control scheme where you just touch the sides of the screen to roll, and then pull up to jump? It would make life a lot easier when I'm on the bus or sitting up in bed.

10. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Sweet-Love the game and the updates! Good luck with the new worlds, I'm sure its been mentioned before, but how many worlds are you planning total?

11. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    If I remember correctly, they said about six. Maybe someone else can confirm this?

12. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

World 4 looks nice...will have to finish 3 off - got to the boss but never finished him off!

13. jbs1

jbs1 Active Member

Apr 9, 2009
    To the devs, do you think this game will ever have another control scheme? Like a D-pad for movement?

14. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    yeah i played lite and im picking it up tonight. Big left and right buttons on the corners of the screens would be a preferred option though i hate tilting

15. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    +1i agree

16. foppajoe

foppajoe Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    IMO the tilt controls are spot on, but other control schemes would be good for those that really hate tilting

17. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Why are people asking for a D-Pad???
    There is not one single iPhone game with a GOOD D-Pad.
    This device has got other and WAY better methods to control.
    Best are the virtual round pads like in iDracula.
    And I even prefere the touch-everywhere invisible ones, like in Dropship or Caster. And then there is Tilt. And as in NFS or Bounce on, it works perfectly.
    D-Pad always sucks on the iPhone.

18. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    We're asking cause we don't like tilt controls. I hate skewing the game just to move forward.

iDracula, Zenonia and Carjack Streets (on foot) have great d-pads that the vast majority like. Dpad in the corner or invisible touch anywhere d-pads like Caster - it doesn't matter. Also touching left/ right of the screen would be cool too.

19. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

wolf 3d did it just fine. pacman works fine, Ass Creed works fine.

20. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Cool. Looking forward to world 4 and the screenshot looks good - quite a different theme from those that have gone before, really wondering what new type of ball power-up might be found there :). I had gold on every level in the first three worlds, but I reinstalled since then - better get through 2 and 3 again in preparation, except I'll likely fresh install with 3.0 again ><.