Monument Valley 3.99$ -> FREE - (android)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Behnam, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Behnam

Behnam Well-Known Member

For all the android users out there, the free app of the day on Amazon App Store is Monument Valley.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KA7JIII/ref=mas_fad_img

Go get it, if you can stand having the Amazon app store running on your device, this is a wonderful deal no one should miss out on!

2. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I don't know if this is the case here, but if I was a developer and Amazon just gives my game for free I would feel disrespected.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I highly doubt that ustwo would have had nothing to do with this. C'mon, let's not be silly.

4. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I never used Amazon App Store, what do I need to do for this?

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, if you have an Android device, just download the Amazon App Store, or whatever it's called.

6. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I guess you didn't read it well. I'm not saying it is the case, but it could be since the game, just like Wayward Souls weeks before, have never been free before anywhere. And making games for free without developers' consent is something they can do (https://developer.amazon.com/appsandservices/support/legal/da).

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    While it's something they can do (sorry, I'm pretty busy and don't have time to read everything there), they probably don't. IIRC (and forgive me if I'm mistaken), Wayward Souls going free was out of Rocketcat's hands as Noodlecake were the publishers of the Android version. i dunno lol

8. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Great! I'll have an android tablet coming tonight :D

9. Behnam

Behnam Well-Known Member

But they don't "just give" your game away for free. Amazon and the developer or publisher makes an agreement for the promotion.
    Not sure if Amazon actually pays the dev for the "lost sales", but in the end is completely agreed by both parts.
    Also Amazon gives the spotlight to lesser known gems, and potentially grants more sales in the long run.

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Didn't even know it was available on Android. It it an Amazon App Store exclusive?

11. kaspalone

kaspalone Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Not really. it's on GooglePlay too. and it's been available for awhile now... i think it came out about a month after iOS release.

i'm just waiting for the new levels to come out on android too... loving'em on iOS.

12. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Can I download the app without registering a credit card?

13. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Yes you can, no CC required.

I purchase every single android app on Amazon and have never purchased from Google play. I have maybe 200 paid apps on there now, I just prefer the store there over androids for some reason and I've stuck with it. Before Amazons App Store I just never actually spent money on apps and used google play for free stuff. Now I buy apps all the time, but only on Amazon which is pretty funny as my phone is a Nexus. I have also disabled all Google apps on my phone...