Universal Bean's Quest (by Kumobius)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Jul 17, 2011.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    YEAH! Downloading!

3. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    So glad this update came out tonight being that all of the new releases today (except for "candy boy") didn't catch my interest at all. Thankfully this makes up for it.:D

Glad the developers kept their promise!

4. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Again, fantastic level design, especially the last couple of levels. Collecting all coins and finding all axolotls now is really challenging. Music fits perfectly again and it's nice to see a preview of the third world (good move). And I really love to hide the control arrows.

Fantastic update, will keep me busy to some days. Thanks!

5. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Picked this up as well as Hot Shots Golf 3 tonight and am enjoying this one thoroughly. I had waited until new levels were released and it's such a worthwhile purchase! Great game and can't wait to see more additions (i.e. - Please keep new levels coming!)

6. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    If the difficulty increase from world two to world three is the same as the increase from world one to world two, I will be bald by the time I beat the wizard when the game is said and done. There were many occasions where it was sheer trial and error that got me through. I'm not complaining. Winning felt great. On a side note, the music is great.

7. Mr Kumobius

Mr Kumobius Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hello all! We are the developers that worked on Bean’s Quest.

We are happy to see some of you have already downloaded the new world!

World 2, AKA version 2.0.0, brings quite a few new features in addition to World 2 itself:
    • Game Center support, we heard TA users asking for it, so we’ve added it.
    • D-Pad support, a few people requested a D-Pad option so they could play one handed, so we chucked it in there!
    • 3D Audio, sounds actually relate to where they come from in the level now, it’s subtle but awesome.
    • Improved performance on the older devices (i.e. iPhone 3G and earlier).

Bean completed crossing the Grasslands in World 1 and now he’s adventuring in The Crystal Peaks, an icy mountainous region! The world has new gameplay elements, new enemies and new visuals to explore. This world includes 9 stages in total, 1 more than World 1 provided, this boosts the total number of levels currently on offer to 17!

We’ve begun work on World 3 “The Sky Ruins”, some more promotional materials, and new features as well. Our plan is to continue with 9 stages per world from now on and additionally we have decided as a team to expand Bean’s Quest to 4 worlds in total!

If you’re interested in hearing more about us and our development, please check out our website at:
    http://www.kumobius.com/

We also did an interview with an Australian gaming news site, after completing World 2, called MMGN:
    http://apple.mmgn.com/Articles/Kumobius-Quest-A-Tale-Of-Three-Devs

And if you are interested you can like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, just check out our website.

We’d like to thank everyone who purchased the game last month and verified our belief in our game. It was really great to hear the good (and the bad!) feedback we received from everyone in reviews and especially here at the TA forum.

Lastly, here’s the box art of World 2 and some screenshots :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Wow, fantastic news! And welcome. Thanks for joining the forums actively. Will definitely follow the development. And again. Love world 2. Challenging, colorful, challenging and challenging. Will keep my busy.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, totally! Welcome to the forums!!! World 2 is GREAT!!! the challenge has gone up a notch from World 1... ALWAYS nice to see... Hope you guys keep upping the difficulty with worlds 3 and 4!! Also, AWESOME to hear you're going to add a 4th World!!! You guys are really turning Beans Quest into a MUST have platformer for the iOS! Really, thank you so much!

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the alternate d-pad. :)

11. tocameelarcade

tocameelarcade Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Love this game! thank you for the new levels :D

12. DregsOnLegs

DregsOnLegs Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Secretary
    City
    When are we going to see some world 3 artwork?

Really looking forward to it!

13. collinli

collinli New Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Level 2-6 The Underlands is causing me some trouble when trying to reach the par number of jumps!

I'm off by about +21 (41/20). Can anyone offer any advice?

Also unable to do 2-5 but I'm getting 21/19, so I probably just have to fine tune my jumps.

14. Mr Kumobius

Patreon Indie

Hey people! Bean's Quest developers here again.

We're working hard on the new Sky Ruins world and we thought we'd share a couple of screenshots of gameplay so far:

[​IMG]

And another:

[​IMG]

Lastly, regarding your question on The Underlands Collin, there's a secret passage (with no visual cue) just after the first spike pendulum! That should help curb your jump par!

15. DregsOnLegs

DregsOnLegs Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Secretary
    City
    Woot. World 3 has been submitted to apple! Your doing a fantastic job Kumbious! Youve created a game that reminds me of sega, but the weird part is, it actually exceeds segas quality and polish of their iOS games like sonic, golden axe, etc, with higher polish and better controls, original title.
    Puzzle elements. Such an awesome game, couldn't be better! And the levels are expanding quickly, and each time I am more and more impressed than the last!

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah I was REALLY surprised with the quality of the World 2 levels! I'm so stoked about World 3!! =oD

Glad to hear it's been submitted! Can't wait!

17. FL!ppY

FL!ppY Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    So there are 3 worlds now.
    I'm waiting for the release and Bean Quest will finally be mine.

18. Mr Kumobius

Patreon Indie

Hey people!

World 3 of Bean's Quest just landed in the App Store!

The update includes 10 new stages with awesome new graphics, 2 new amazing music tracks from Flashygoodness, new enemies for Bean to crush and some crazy new features, including:
    - Forcefields
    - Pinball Bouncers
    - And a new friend to help Bean in his quest: the mega adorable bird!

[​IMG]

We updated our website as well and made it slicker too, check it out:

http://www.kumobius.com/

Lastly, FL!ppY, I hope you enjoy the game and be sure to tell us your thoughts!

19. tocameelarcade

tocameelarcade Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    omg omg omg!!! another WORLD! freaking awesome! GET THIS GAME nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! one of the best plataformers in the appstoer for sure!, i bought this when it only had one and i have no regrets! cant beleive you guys actually keep your promise and udate the game with new levels :D, i have been cheated by a lot of devs who say that and do nothing T__T!

BUY IT

20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    FRIGGIN AWESOME!! Can't wait to get into this new world! =oD

Just loaded it up and saw that there's 10 levels... are you going to keep going up with each world... ? World 4 = 11 levels?