Halo on iPhone

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by movile, May 3, 2009.

1. movile

movile Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    So I realize that this isn't really the place for this thread, but it seems like no one ever visits the lounge, and I wanted to get a feel for everyone's ideas as best possible. So let's cut to the chase:

Not that this would ever happen, but what would you guys like to see out of a HALO game? Perhaps a Cortana spinoff? Something Forerunner, Covenant or Flood?

I'm thinking it would be a smaller concept that assists the Master-Chief with actions rather than actually controlling the Chief himself. Probably controlling Cortana and assisting her with actual events where she helped the Chief in the actual console games, such as by opening doors, transporting him, etc.

Perhaps a Tower Defense game in the Halo universe? (Although we've all seen enough Tower Defense games, I'm sure you all agree.)

What are your thoughts? I doubt Bungie has anything like this in the works, given that they are so Microsoft-driven, but who knows, right? What would you love to see in a Halo game?

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Wishing for something with the size and depth of Halo on the iPhone is just stupid. I'm sorry, but this thread is worthless.

3. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    It won't happen. It just won't. I'm sorry. Also, people do visit the lounge.

4. movile

movile Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    I'm not expecting it to be the size and depth of Halo, hence my saying "it would be a smaller concept that assists the Master-Chief with actions rather than actually controlling the Chief himself", but there are so many side stories that could be told, even if it just became a series of what would essentially be mini-games (although calling them that makes them sound almost worthless). In any case, I think it is still fun to think about this.

5. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Bungie is microsoft driven because Microsoft owns the rights to Halo...

Halo was supposed to be a PC and Mac game but Microsoft bought them and changed the game to an xbox launch title.

There won't be a halo game on anything other than on a microsoft machine.

Even though Bungie split Microsoft holds a minority stake in the company but it seems that they could create another IP and put it on multiple platforms

6. movile

movile Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Again, this isn't about what will happen. Stop focusing on the reality and just dream for a little bit. What if? Not, well here is why a "what if" won't work, but just, what if?

I know that Bungie is still at least partially controlled by Microsoft, but it is just an interesting game of what-if.

7. CP1789

CP1789 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    if there was a halo game for the iphone it would be a TD game. U put units in certain areas to stop ur enemies form reaching their goal. just an idea

8. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  9. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
  10. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Bungie isn't controlled by anyone. Microsoft just has stock in the company. They can't make decisions, unless it's based on Halo.

So my make a what if thread?

What if Pokemon came out on iphone?
    What if Sony made their downloadable psp games available on iphone?
    What if my iphone could print money?

No one cares

That's why the lounge was created so people who want to know about REAL games that are ALREADY out can come here and not see this drivel

11. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
  12. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    #12 DaveMc99, May 3, 2009
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
  13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
  14. movile

movile Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Alright, this thread was created for those who want to fantasize about what it would be like to have a Halo game on the iPhone and what kinds of cool things they would have in it. We're not looking for the next masterpiece, just some ideas for what you think it would be cool to have that would be different from the regular games.

If you are just here to say "this thread is stupid", you really aren't saying much, because those who want to comment will comment anyways. That's not the point of a thread.

15. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    We've fantasized plenty. All it does is depress us when another match-3 game comes out. I'd rather "dream" about features in an upcoming iPhone game than go, "what if?", "if only...", and "I wish...".

16. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    FPS on iPhone will never work well. They require too many buttons, which invariably cover the screen. Plus the fact that any game that requires continued input is irritating to play on the iPhone. That includes side scrollers as well as FPS. FPS is just not meant for this platform.