A bunch of Amidio music apps ->free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    They might not be the best, but they are some of the prettiest, imo ;) Search for Amido; they have multiple ipad/iphone apps currently free due to a new product release. Hera are a few of them:
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #2 Greyskull, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    Here's one (for sone reason appinfo is giving me problems...if these don't show up...oh well). Feel free to add the other freebies if anyone feels like it.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

3. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale

4. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Thanks, I actually loved their Touch DJ (now DJ Evolution) but they didn't update it for over a year. I remember when it first came out, a lot of hype for it.

5. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Agreed. They also (I think it was them) removed the awesome Curtis sound toys, which I still have in my iTunes library. I have no idea what is showing in my links aside from songineer, but there is a beautiful iPad guitar synth, an ipad beat/synth maker, and some other free apps today by Amidio. It's difficult for me to tell what is normally free since I have most of them.

Also, Amidio's Futele (Yukele, that is) ipad synth is free! There is also an iphone remote control app for your uke. Because the answer is always more ukelele (sp?). ;).

Unfortunatly, their high priced keyboard synth is still high priced. Maybe it will go free later.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    What are the apps from them on iPod?

7. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Search amidio on the appstore from your ipod. They should show up. I would have linked them but as I said, I'm having technical issues. Songineer is free on ipod for one.

8. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    No Grey! More cowbell!

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Well, if you snagged DM1 for free last week then you've got all the cowbell you need to accompany his ukelele. ;)

As for me, I spent about an hour and a half playing Christmas music on an accordion last night - love it, but that thing is HEAVY!

10. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #10 Greyskull, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    Their fricking crazy-as-in-Lazer Zeppelin-looking keyboard synth (seperate ipad/iphone apps) are free right now. Worth installing just because of the neon overload ;)

11. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Any neon love for iPod?

12. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Err, the name of the synth is Seline Ultimate (ipad) or Seline (iphone/Ipod).

Goig to install the free for today Laughing Synth (???) by them. Must be a vocaloid...if only Peter Vogel whent on sale.

I want to be able to say "Eins Miens" like Kraftwerk in their '80s early '90's live performances.

Please don't ask me why. To much Shprockets while watching SNL as a kid I guess.

13. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    All of 'em. Songineer is free right now, I think Saline might be free.

Err, just do a search, on pc or your device, for "Amidio". That's the name of the company.

I hope you like your neon in shades of purple and blue.

14. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Saline isn't free or not yet I don't know if it will be.

15. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Oh well...I got it free a year ago. Songineer, a laughing synth (yeah...ok) and 3 ipad apps are free, at least. Saline Ultimate, Guitar Synth, a guitar synth...I'm forgetting something. I'll PM you bramblet if other iphone apps go free. I've got my apptrackers working overtime this week ;). I need an 11th finger and a third eye.

If you've got a buck, the awesome Rythym Studio is still on sale for a buck...a bunch are on sale...between all the Korg products; a bunch of random music apps having sale due to the release of Audiobus (my Sunrizer synth was just updated with support), and the price pressure put on music apps by those others, well...I've got to find a dividing line between money for games and music tools.

16. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Any good app trackers in AppStore?

17. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I think this Audiobus thing is utter garbage. Its a complete scam. Other apps have virtual midi or even WIST included. I guess it's more like virtual midi. So why is it then, that I now have to pay ten dollars for some extra app, when a feature already exists in other apps, and should have been included from the get-go. I just don't believe it. Sure, ten bucks isn't too much, but if there's already an option available for free in many other apps, why is this thing such a big deal all of a sudden? It's like Angry Birds. They saw someone else's creation/idea and just made it more famous, gaining all of the proceeds. I'm ticked.

18. I'm usually not into music apps that much, but these apps look kind of pretty. Gonna try them.

19. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I haven't bought it yet, but it doesn't seem to be a snam to me. You don't have to buy it. All the ways to jury rig ios apps together are still available.

It creates a workflow for multiple music apps on one device. Is it essential? No. But I'll probably buy it, because I'm constantly forgetting which midi channel to leave open, for example. Audiobus automatically handles, for supported apps, all of the arcane inport/export functions. I'm newer than you, I'm sure, at entirely electronic based music creation and recording. So for me it's worth the decreased learning curve. I come from the world of stringed instruments, physical theremins and ginormous Roland keyboards, physical drum-pad electronic drums, and DAT tapes.

'88 Depeche Mode tech ;)

As far as free app trackers, there are free versions of two of the ones I use. DL Apptracker and Appzap

20. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Omg there's period tracker...wow