BubbleSand in review... (+ intro)

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by blitter, Apr 18, 2011.

1. blitter

blitter Well-Known Member

#1 blitter, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
    Hi all

I think it is about the right time to post some info on myself and our app. It's still in review, but as we're all friends here then this is the first public post. I'm really not sure what type of reaction our app will get, especially here as the app is not a game. But it is a lot of fun to play with!

There's a couple of screenshots and info at www.bubblesand.com the links will start to work sometime this week we hope =)

We are Zenout Studios.

As for me...hi, I'm just a regular hobbyist coder who found iOS to suit my style more than I could ever wish for. I've been a coder for a long time, but this is my first commercial release. C++ all the way (used to code assembler...um last decade!), via Airplay SDK. Teamed up with a lazy musician haha. After updating BubbleSand with more new features, I plan to code a game...I have plenty of prototypes over the years but I shall be starting fresh on the game as my methods are ever evolving. Very pleased to be part of this community, I've never really met any other coders as they didn't really exist where I come from...I guess the next generation are here now but I still don't know of them =)

Hope you all like our app. We shall post promo codes when available.

edit: Now Available on the App Store! promo codes below...

All the best,
    Jez "blitter" Hammond / Zenout Studios

2. DrummerB

DrummerB Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Switzerland
    Hi blitter. Create a promo video for your app. Judging from the screenshots the app might be interesting, but I have no idea what it's about, because the description waas tl;dr for me :eek:

3. Lonan

Lonan Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    ^what he said. a trailer is needed for unique games like this, otherwise people will mostly just dismiss it.

4. blitter

Hi DrummerB, and Lonan.

I read what you said and went off to make a video. The musician's MBP is still here (from the binary upload) - iMovie sure is a cool app, I was torn between polishing the vid and returning to coding!

It's uploading now. Though my connection is quite slow, it should be done within the hour...

Thanks for the comments, it's good to hear that the screenshots at least look interesting. As for your description of the description, lol I couldn't agree more...one day I shall hire people to write these things =) This one was bounced over email a couple of times, it's already on a todo list to simplify.

BTW Lonan, BubbleSand is not a game - though it certainly inspires some interesting ideas for many! - it's primary category is Entertainment.

Cheers.

5. blitter

6. blitter

#6 blitter, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
    Now available on the app store!

Edit: codes moved to promo sub-forum. I'll leave the first 1 here for nostalgia.

NKPTLTELYR3A

7. blitter

#7 blitter, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
    ----

8. sunaitis

sunaitis Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Teacher Trainer
    Finland
    I tried it out, and here is my first sand picture.

[​IMG]

Best wishes
    Sunaitis

9. blitter

That's great sunaitis, thanks for sharing your first experience with our app! I really like how you've filled the background with blue sand, it has given me some ideas.

Btw: there is a screenshot button (plus a gallery mode via the top-left corner button in the main menu) ...which leaves out the GUI from the pictures. I would love to see more of peoples creations, thanks again!

10. blitter

#10 blitter, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
    We shall be framing sunaitis picture as not only is it the first that someone has posted, but also because it deserves framing!

We would love to see other peoples experiences, I think moving the promo-codes to the promo-code-sub-forum was not the best idea in the world though! I almost had my hand bitten off lol. If someone would like a code in this "nice" developer forum then please PM me! For now, here's 1 more that might reach the screen before a shark grabs it already hehe R4PWWAA4349X

EDIT: We're loving sunaitis' contribution more and more each time we look! sunaitis, do you still have the scene saved (via iTunes -> Device -> Apps -> BubbleSand -> File Sharing) - I'm wanting to export an ultra-HD version of this - that's a future update feature btw ;-)