Rolando: Shadow Fortress

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JonathanJ, Nov 18, 2009.

1. JonathanJ

JonathanJ Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Programmer for Core Concepts
    Southern California
    Sorry that this might seem old, but I'm having trouble getting all rolandos saved on this one. I need to get a regular rolando up to the top to save the spikey. After that, it seems my two options to get him down are to go back the bouncer way or to jump on top of the circles to the right over the acid. Both seem fairly impossible to me. Which is the correct way to go about it?

2. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I've just had a look at the map at http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/iPod/Rolando-ShadowValley-Level4-8-ShadowFortress.png to remind myself of the level. Haven't played that one in ages!

So the spikey clearly needs to go to the right over the acid so as to open the door and stuff. The regular rolando can go either way if I recall; but it can be a pain getting back down on the bouncers though, and it's not as hard as it looks to jump them over those rounds on the acid.

I just tried it again to check it out, and probably the most useful thing is that you can jump off them quite late, not far from when you would be about to fall off.

By all means take the spikey right first and activate the save point so that you can keep trying to get the regular rolando across without much loss. Good luck.

3. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

You have to go back down the bouncer way, which makes it very hard to do sometimes - and pretty slow too. What you could do is get the time 1 without saving that rolando, and then get the all rolandos achievement next time, without getting the time.

EDIT: didn't know you could make that jump, seemed annoying as hell to me from what I remember.

4. DrJD

DrJD Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    in transit
    I did this by going down the bouncer way; the trick I found was that if I positioned the spikey along the left wall then the regular Rolando would deflect off of him after bouncing off the lower bouncer, and be able to get out to the right. Hope that made sense...