Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    That's how it works for me .... I have been breeding and breeding with the goal of getting to level 32 so I can do all sets (favourite aspect of the game and having them gifted although appreciated is not quite the same as the satisfaction of breeding them) ....

XXX

2. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    I only need to tame them so will send them a bit later. I don't need anything in return but any frog is appreciated :)

3. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    What is your GC ID?

4. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    On the way!

5. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Congrats, you move too fast for me. I am sending you a set just because...

6. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    On the way!

7. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    OK, OK. Message received. Proof positive to me that I am & have always been the true outlier in this group. Then again, I've forever felt like a stranger in a strange land, surrounded by people who dreamed of reaching the promised land of 100% of the 'dex. I use no strategy, have no goal, &, if I were at level 16, say, I'd totally give up on doing Weekly Sets ever again. Maybe even on the game. Simply not worth it. Somehow, I think I'm defining a non-gamer. Maybe I should pick up my Stephen King book which is gathering dust...

I haven't accepted your friend request yet because you don't know how weird I am so here's your chance to change your mind. I just reached level 34 after an incredibly long slog through 33. I don't reciprocate (it was too time-consuming & just encouraged more gifts, clogging my MB) but I DO send out a frog to two people/day to people on my friend list to just "gift." That way, it's just a gift, nothing more, nothing expected.

Given the number of friends (23) I have, each friend gets a gift approximately every 11-12 days. I do make exceptions & add a high value frog for when Dom (or someone else), for example, mails me a Set or Starter Set - I send him a token of my appreciation which does next-to-virtually nothing to defray the costs of his time, cost, or effort but at least it's something.

So, bottom line: I'm at a lower level than most of my forum friends & don't gift often. I'm not 'dexing so I don't send color wheels or frog floods. If you're heavy into floods, build an Ark.

Feel free to change your mind (via PM) since I offered the Violet Caelus Quilta since you said you were breeding. For one brief instant I forgot it wasn't as simple as on Plus+. I'm not actively or surreptitiously seeking friends but I'd be happy to welcome you as a friend if you haven't already changed you mind, given my odd self-imposed rules.

p.s.: Thanks to all who are not gifting until I get this darn set finished. Two more to go but I've given up for a while since I was getting 90% Anuras & 10% of the wrong Quilta. (Guess what I'll be gifting in a while!!) Set will be done in time to gift to another, however -- not to fear.

8. canadianharuka

canadianharuka Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    I just found out that I have to be level 31 to breed the Quiltas I was so kindly gifted by mbarnes41 and Domenic51 - I'm only level 29, so it's going to take some time, but I promise I'll offer them up as soon as I'm able to breed them. Thank you both!

9. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Dean, perhaps NB will add Lisi's feature of allowing one to skip certain weekly sets. That way, anyone who can't breed (or wants to do another set first) it can return to it later while they complete previous sets. :)

Thanks to Quossum for the Infinitas and Nodare,
    Dean for the Lunaris,
    RedRoof42 for the Pyramis,
    KHopp25 for the Templum.

and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

Good evening to all. :)

10. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    I will have the complete set ready tomorrow. I intend to share the set and you are welcome to it, if you would like. (Feel free to sell the unusable frog if you need the coins and don't know a level 31+ to share it with).

Take care.
    Mal

11. JoEllynO

JoEllynO Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Wisconsin, USA
    Quilta weekly set

Have two sets available - one ready now and one in the morning.

12. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Which two do you have? I will send you the other six. (I forgot which one i sent you)

13. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    #26733 XXXBR, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    Just got the quilta set..... Thanks for your effort of taming them and the expense of sending them .....

Lisi .... I do get your point about high level sets ... And like you i'm not into dexing ... my dex is at 9%.... One upside of the high level sets is it really got people going in the forum and sparked a great deal of trading activity ....

XXX

14. Lermshell

Lermshell Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Thank you so much...you really are amazing! :)

If you need anything let me know...

15. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Another vote here in favour of high-level sets, sorry Lisianne. I see your point, but sets were introduced to give higher level players an ongoing challenge. New players have the awards to work through, and you know that last one can take a while!

Please don't anyone send me set frogs this week, gift them to lower level friends instead. I have a nice Quilta from Cyg, and can breed them myself.

Thanks everyone, as always, for the ongoing frogstorm. Most are getting through the mailbox unscathed, though I was gutted yesterday to accidentally sell a royal aurum nebula from awboj, it was so pretty, and had been trying to squeeze into my mb for quite a while before I got clumsy. :( Thanks anyway...

Finally, although I am happy (more than happy, actually) to receive gifts on a completely random basis, as people have time and energy, yesterday I went through my friend list and deleted some folks I haven't seen or heard *anything* of in ages. Ones where the traffic has been completely one-way for quite a while.

And I'm seeing some new members on the forum, and I'm always happy to give new friends a hand up, so feel free to send me a GC request - there's space on my list right now.

16. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Just hit 15,000 frogs with a glass aurum nasus. :) go me!

My two copies of this weeks set will be ready for gifting within the next twelve hours. I've already started taming in anticipation. Hands up if you need them.

17. canadianharuka

Oct 19, 2010
    I have the purple floris and blue pruni. malbarnes has also said he would send a set, but it isn't ready yet. I'll be putting whichever I get back up asap (my wife is playing again, too, but is level 22, so after I send them to her she says she'll send them right back to me for the forum. :)

18. canadianharuka

Oct 19, 2010
    Thank you! Domenic15 has also said he would send something, so I don't know how to work that out so you both don't end up using stamps for one person. I'll be putting whichever I get back up asap (my wife is playing again, too, but is level 22, so after I send them to her she says she'll send them back to me for the forum. :)

19. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    I know the high demand frog this week is the Quilta, but if anyone needs a Pingo let me know as I am currenlty working on getting a 100% for them.

Also breeding Quilta's so will have some on Monday.

20. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Wow, you've really been productive here. :D Just gone for a day and it's an entire novel. ;)

It's hard to keep track of who has offered what and when, but if anyone has a Quilta set to share, I would really aporeciate it. (Lvk 24).

If I'm lucky enough to receive a set, please tell me if someone else meeds it. And of course if anything can be offered in return. Otherwise I'll just gift randomly. :)

GCID: Yasha65