Action-Adventure-Rpg! First go

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by FatherT!m3_22, Nov 13, 2013.

1. FatherT!m3_22

FatherT!m3_22 Active Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Hey everyone wanting to create an action adventure RPG based on old school early 90s gameboy games. Have a cool idea for the story of the game and already all planned out on paper from weapons to bosses and the over world map. One major thing after these steps though I'm stuck on what comes next. would really appreciate any and all help. Looking forward to creating this as my first game. Thanks for your help!

2. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Once you have all your ideas written down put them under your pillow at night and in the morning the Game Fairy has replaced it with an .exe file.

If thats does not work your going to have to spend years learning to program, draw, 3d model, animate, sound design and script.

Download Unity thats a good place to start

3. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    dont listen to him, he talks about the evil windows fairy..

you should wait for the ios fairy, she puts signed ipas under your pillow.

hehe

honeslty, maybe a out of the box solution would be best for you .. something like RPG Maker? not sure if that is still around

4. TheBunny

TheBunny Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    MMO Mac Lead ZeniMax Online
    Baltimore
    RPG Maker is alive and kicking, theres at least 3 version out.
    It is also now on Steam.

Newest version is pretty cool.

PS... thinking about it more now...
    Game Maker Pro might be a better choice.
    It works on iOS already.

I think a modern OSX version is coming also.

5. FatherT!m3_22

Jul 16, 2013
    Thank you I appreciate the info! And the sarcasm.lol

6. FatherT!m3_22

Jul 16, 2013
    Cool I'll check this out I've already been looking into unity and a couple of other programs lots of choices though I'll check out the RPG Maker though!

7. BlindAlbino

BlindAlbino Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I am Co-Founder and Art Director for Blind Albino,
    La Habra Hights, California
    Hi Fathert!m3_22!
    Just wanted to also offer up the notion of concept art. Software environments are obviously crucial to consider, but while you're deciding on those technical aspects (and in some cases, while you're recruiting a team to work with you) going through the process of putting your script into visual form is something you can start on right away. For us, we find more often than not that sitting in front of some concept art will help inform our technical decisions in ways we hadn't anticipated back when we were simply reading the design documents.
    Hope that helps, and good hunting my friend!

8. FatherT!m3_22

Jul 16, 2013
    Thank you I appreciate the info! All of is very helpful.

9. FatherT!m3_22

Jul 16, 2013
    One quick question. Can anybody recommend a laptop or computer that is best used for video game software looking for an upgrade. Thanks for the info.