Universal GHOST TRICK: Phantom Detective (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synthesyze

Synthesyze Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Keep yourself happy with those 20 saved bucks.

I bought this thing at 30 bucks when it came out on the DS.

2. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    That's exactly what I've been thinking since I finished it. I don't care if iDevices are supposedly just for 'bite sized gaming', but more epic and awesome games like Ghost Trick is exactly what I think we need more of on iOS. Capcom needs to hurry up and release Ace Attourney 123 in English!

3. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    This is a visual novel, so don't count on replay value. It's like being disappointed that the story is still the same when you read a book the second time...

Yeah, I have to agree. I'm really looking forward to Ace Attorney 123 HD in English. I won't play the first part again, as I already did (without HD, of course).
    When it comes to Ghost Trick, I paid 7,99 € for it and think it was cheap. I would pay up to 12 € for games with this quality.
    I mean, even though this game is a port, it plays like it was developed specially for iOS. And we don't have to talk about graphics, animations, sound effects, music, storyline, etc. It's all brilliant, it's stylish, it's touching.

4. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    I'm almost at the very end now, and the game is still awesome and mind blowing :) I just love it... I wish it would never end...

5. jakubor

jakubor New Member

May 16, 2010
    can anyone upolad their save data files? becasue I lost mine... and I dont want start from first chapter.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Capcom added a new mini game to Ghost Trick in an update today; you can access it after you've completed the main game.
    This could point to an upcoming sale.

7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Aww and not optimized for the iPhone 5 screen :(

8. wario64

wario64 Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Is the mini game thing new to this version? Has anyone tried it and can say what it is without posting story spoilers? I still haven't beaten the game yet

9. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Could be a future update with expanded story.

10. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Damn it! I just finished the ds version a few weeks ago!

11. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    If this ever goes on sale I'll buy it. And I won't sit here and say it's not worth the $10 pricetag, but I just don't trust myself to play it all the way through so I haven't bothered dropping the money yet.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Could be wrong, but I think the full game unlock is on sale at $7.

Unrelated: Was this a delta update? It never showed up in "Updates", but when I searched for it on my iPad, I could "UPDATE". Clicked it, went to buy something and when I went back to check it said "OPEN". Must've been less than 20 seconds.

13. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Capcom only added the minigame after I had completed and deleted Ghost Trick...

14. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I've seen a bunch of updates (at least five different games) appear and disappear again in the store Updates tab on my iPad today, without any input from me. Each of the apps is listed as still having an available update in the store, but all of these notifications have vanished from the device's Update tab. I shouldn't be seeing an "all apps are up to date" message when that's clearly not the case. :p

15. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #215 Andy C83, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    This is a nice surprise, wasn't expecting that at all! I haven't played the new mode, as I am currently playing through the game for the first time. But yeah, nice to see this great game still being supported.

I can also confirm some funny goings on with updates appearing and disappearing on my device. Bitless was there, then it wasn't. Recently updated to iOS 6.0.1 on my Touch 4G, seems fine so far...

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, same thing's been happening on my iPhone. :/

The update's definitely delta. Good stuff, Capcom. :)

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Yes, it was a delta update. Apple demands the delta usage more and more. Mainly to keep the update traffic lower.

And true, it's on sale for $7.99 (5,99 €) all chapters.

18. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    What does "delta update" mean?

19. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

A delta update is an update that only requires the user to download the code that has changed, not the whole program. It can significantly save time and bandwidth. If, for example, a game that is 302 megabytes is updated with a chapter or slight alteration to existing code that is 2 megabytes, only 2 megabytes will be downloaded instead of 302 megabytes.

20. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Mm-hmm, and this is going to become more and more essential with the number of games approaching the 2GB mark; you really don't want to be downloading all that again every time an update is released. :p