Universal Lunar Silver Star Story Touch - (by SoMoGa)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Yeah, I'm on the latest build. It's crashed three times do far.

2. cookthroughtheages

cookthroughtheages Active Member

Aug 9, 2012
    I was one of the few that have finished the game and I didn't get two of the achievements. One is "A Dream Realized" and "My Eyes".

The "My Eyes" I'm guessing are all the bromides which I weren't able to get but the "A Dream Realized" what is it??

3. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    There are two achievements that relate to sidequests -- and have nothing to do with bromides. "My Eyes" is one of them.

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Wanted to wait the update before starting the game, but being game-less ATM I couldn't resist.
    So far so good!!!
    Played on iPhone 4S 2 hours straight...no problems so far and was already hooked. Still downloading on iPad.

Is iCloud support confirmed for the update?

5. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    You can disable the filter completely, which is the best way to play in. They've even added in a window mode. These options might help Lunar sell more copies on the iPad.

See my post here for details:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2345706&postcount=106

And another thing, is there a way to trade out the font? Vic Ireland seemed to indicate that it would be a cheap and easy fix. Thanks!

6. sirrozha

sirrozha Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I’m using latest beta.

5.1.1 4S

I have experienced a lot of crashes. Quick saves are disappearing like bacon. Pretty annoying.

1) There is this constant background music hiccup. In first seconds. I can’t be more precise.

2) Is it a way of emotion expressing? Should she really become this big?
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2273415/Lunar%20Bugs/IMG_0384.PNG

3) Music stays after exiting to the menu. The most annoying thing that this sucking noise stays when you exit to menu during it happening. This noise is made by those monsters with sables while moving: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2273415/Lunar%20Bugs/IMG_0385.PNG

4) I can almost see it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2273415/Lunar%20Bugs/IMG_0387.PNG

7. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Yes.

We have this done internally, but I don't know which update it will reach you in.

What font would you prefer?

The game does not quick save on a crash. That said, we have a lot of people testing the update, most without issue. I certainly haven't seen any of that from anyone else, so I can't help you without more detailed information.

I'll PM you some instructions.

8. timvee

timvee Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Controls are passable with touch or joystick options available.

Graphics look incredibly dated on the new iPad and there are some frame rate issues and some pretty bad crashes.

The game would be worth the 7 bucks if they just fixed all the bugs.

9. sirrozha

Dec 8, 2010
    #309 sirrozha, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    I can’t send you logs, sorry.
    The game does not quicksave on crash, yes. But after the crash quicksave disappears and one have to start from manual save.
    My device locked during a cutscene, I unlocked the device and the game crashed. Had to play a huge part of the game again.

One more suggestion: touch controls (joystick and tap-to-go) are not disabled during starting parts of the cutscenes. Not a big deal, but should be fixed.

10. furushotakeru

furushotakeru Active Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Many of the bugs people encountered on the initial release will be addressed with the upcoming update that is in for Apple's approval.

11. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #311 Darth Ronfar, Oct 8, 2012
    For people who are playing this game for their first time

Anybody playing for the first time made it far in the game or beat it yet?(and not people hampered by the controls or lag etc.. Unless it didn't take away from the game itself [which is kind of hard I guess])

How do or did you like the game? Was it worth it? Where do you compare it as far as other 2d RPGs uve played? Would you like to play it again on a full screen? Would you play the sequeal?

I know when inplayed it for the first time on PSX a few years ago it brought me back to those nostalgic times from my youth of the kind of games that you just can't find anymore. It was like say they made this other awesome Rpg for the snes and I didn't know about it. I guess that's why it had such a profound impact on me. And affter going back and playing early FFs and other RPGs of the era I still hold it up there with the best.

Major Spoilers (don't read unless you have beaten the game) :

I think the part in the game where it pulled me in and got me interested the first time was when Ghaleon went to the white Dragon with Luna and it was made clear he was the main Source or Evil and the bad guy, then alex's following down the path to become Dragon Master Getting all the Crests and I dunno I guess the relationship with kyle and The blonde girl(can't think of her name) also Nash's betrayal and such. The whole last couple of castles and bosses up to Ghaleon are all epic. And the end where you have to walk up to Luna who's striking down Alex posses by the evil etc...

The sequal is just as cool too, Sometimes Ithink it might be a bit better gameplay wise however the first ones story is probly better. The second one is probly alot longer and a bigger game with alot of extra content... And a certain charater in the game that's just epic.. (not Ronfar but he's cool too)

Wow. I just quoted that instead of using spoilers I hope no one read it... I'm stupid :(

12. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    #312 picohero, Oct 8, 2012
    Fantastic game that was well worth the price. Great characters and story. I would play the second one in a heartbeat. The blonde haired girls name is Jessica :)
    Such a good game
    PS: you're not stupid ;)

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    @ Darth Ronfar:

Yes, regret and come to the light side. We have cookies. :)

14. sirrozha

Dec 8, 2010
    #314 sirrozha, Oct 8, 2012
    Nall, I think you have forgotten to put a chest behind a Goddess statue in Vane.

Game crashed during the cutscene on the roof of Myght’s Tower.
    Right After nash went to pee near a column.

15. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Oh man, anything but Helvetica. Something more akin to the original.

What does TA think about a better font? Any ideas?

16. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sorry

this game blows

17. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    What do you dislike about it?

18. Vox165

Vox165 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    oh man the frame rate on the game when your on the boat is awful....

19. rey

rey New Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Hey guys, is this optimized for the Iphone 5 screen? Looking for a lengthy RPG to get into.

Cheers.

20. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Yup, a guy I know dl a pirated copy of this to his iPhone and the first slime boss 1 shots all his guys and heals for exact Dmg every turn. Pretty clever really.