5 games for these systems

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by angryassdrummer, Feb 18, 2013.

1. angryassdrummer

angryassdrummer Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Brisbane, Qld, Australia
    long story short.. been a gamer since early 80s. that slowed down/stopped since about 2007
    the ios games have got me back into it- being more accessible and easier to get
    but its made me realize i want to play more of all my systems. i cant afford to be a rabid collector, with wife/kids BUT id like to go and find ( ideally cheap 2nd hand) 5 classic AWESOME games that are fun to play for each of the systems i have.
    psp
    ds
    ps3
    ps2
    ps1
    n64
    snes

these are consoles i own but are boxed downstairs since moving last. i want to get into them again. some like 360 i have loads of games for, some like ps3 i have none ( got it free with my sony 50" in 07). the snes and n64 i rebought after selling them when the system died
    i figure 5 is a good amount a can afford for each platform. Games that are still fun to play now for older systems such as snes and ps1.
    again, im not saying the BEST 5 games ever for these consoles, more like- the 5 games for each that are "classic" or "that should be in everyones collection"

thanks for all advice up front
    ( im quite excited to be back into these consoles and go searching local pawn shops/ebay for the games):cool:

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Is there any genre of games you don't like?

FPS games, JRPGS, Platformers, Point and Click games?

3. angryassdrummer

Feb 8, 2013
    Brisbane, Qld, Australia
    ah i forgot about genres
    well, i like a bit of everything, especially if the game excels in not just appealing to the hardcore elite of that genre
    ie i dont like FPS all the much but now and then i find one that i love
    i would like a broad range of games not just say, 5 shooters on each system.

4. From the systems I have experience with:

SNES: Final Fantasy III (officially FFVI), Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Super Metroid, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

PS2: Okami, Final Fantasy X, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts, God of War

DS: The World Ends With You, Pokemon (any of them, although I recommend Heart Gold/Soul Silver or Black 2/White 2), Mario Kart DS, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

PSP: Persona 3 Portable, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Patapon, Valkyrie Chronicles 2, Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy

PS3: Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, Metal Gear Solid 4, Journey, Borderlands

Of course, there are a ton of great games that I haven't mentioned either I ran out of space (each of those systems have HUGE libraries of games I loved), but I tried to mix up the genres and series a bit.

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I'll try to put some variety into my recommendations. Might go over five on some systems, Youtubing them to find out if they are for you would be good. I tried to leave out games that are available on iOS(TWEWY, Phoenix Wright, GTA:CTW), even though I believe they are better on other platforms.

I tried to narrow it down as much as possible and I'm sure I missed some games. All these systems have more than 5 classics I'm sure. Maybe somebody else will fill in the blanks. Also some of the games I mentioned are a bit rare, so not sure how feasible it would be to buy a copy.

6. angryassdrummer

Feb 8, 2013
    Brisbane, Qld, Australia
    thanks to both of you!!! ^^^
    i dont mind if over 5.. in fact id like more than 5 on the list, more was trying to keep the thread from going over the top. also getting to the point i wont be buying hundreds of games etc more say 5-10 GREAT games on each system
    quality of quantity

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Classic PS1 games are Final Fantasy 7-9, Resident Evil 1-3, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo 2, Tomba, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Oddword Abe's Oddysee/Exodus, Driver, Crash Bandicoot 1-3, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-3, GTA 1-2.

I actually wrote those from memory then went to check some online lists... I basically got them all spot on.

8. angryassdrummer

Feb 8, 2013
    Brisbane, Qld, Australia
    so many good games available
    going through ebay today i realize how 99% of the games released are just rubbish tho.. or "kiddy/family" orientated..which is cool, but got 20 of them with my recent ebay purchase of 2x PS2 consoles for $50

9. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    360 - Skyrim, Forza series, Halo series

psp - Jeanne de'Arc, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker

ps3 - Gran Turismo, Uncharted, Resistance series

ps1 - Xcom, Wipeout, Wipeout 2097

snes - Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Monster Rancher 2

Left out the systems I've never used.

10. angryassdrummer