Pixel 8 - 'Paint, Play, Create' out soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Rick_PlayingWithGiants, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone

Rick here from the little indie dev called Playing with Giants. I thought I'd share with you all a little info on our next game that will be released in the next few weeks.

Say hello to Pixel 8!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here is a little preview vid of the game for you to take a look at:

Pixel 8 is at its core a puzzle game. But like all great puzzle games it can be played at different skill levels depending on the player. In Pixel 8 you have a set amount of time to recreate a picture on an 8x8 canvas. Sounds simple right? Well yeah, it is really. Players of all skill levels can complete the levels (We know, we tested it on our 60 year old parents and they managed it). But the puzzle aspect comes in when a player needs to shave seconds off to gain a better time and achieve the maximum amount of Gold Pixels. You need to start planning in what order you paint the colours to maximise your time and plan the smoothest finger movements.

At release there will be 350 free levels to play as well as an image creator where you can paint your own 8x8 masterpieces and share them via Twitter or Facebook. In a future update we plan on having a pack that is all created by the players so any image you share could make it into the game at a later date. We will also be updating regularly with new themed packs as well.

Pixel 8 also nabbed 3rd place in the Big Indie Pitch at Develop 2015! Which made us really happy as we have been working away at it for a good number of months.

Thanks for your time and attention folks. Any question? Just ask away if you do :)

Supported Devices:
    Anything from the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 up!

iOS Support:
    iOS 6 up!

2. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Looks interesting. At first glance I thought it was going to be another pictocross game but thankfully it's something new.

What price are you releasing it for?

3. Hi Back2funk

I really should have said shouldn't I? The game is free. Comes with 350 free levels and extra ones players can buy if they want more.

Rick

4. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Thanks Rick. Sounds like a good deal to me :) I'll keep my eye out for this one.

5. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Happy little pixels ;) throw some squirrels and trees in there and you've got a Bob Ross homage :D

6. brothamannp1 our in game helper and info giver is a character called Rob Boss in homage to the great man Bob. There is even an achievement in the came called 'Happy little pixels' :)

7. shiny

shiny Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2015
    I love this kinds of games, it looks good devs

8. Thanks shiny! Hope you like it when it's out :)

9. Good news everyone!

Pixel 8 will be available for you all to check out this Thursday (19th)! Hop you all enjoy it that give it a go.

10. Ty-Ty2020

Ty-Ty2020 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2015
    This looks really cool. Definitely excited for this

11. Ty-Ty2020 thanks! We are getting really excited as well to get the game out there in peoples hands.