anyone else check out joypad yet? its really amazing!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sylvr, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    http://getjoypad.com/

i am really impressed with this thing and best of all, its free! being able to play games like super crate box, darkside, and dont run with a plasma sword using my iphone as a simulated controller and the ipad as a screen is great. i cant wait to see more games added to the list!

i really think TA should run an article on this. its pretty impressive what is capable of squeezing out of our iDevices.

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I just tried it and the iPhone and iPad apps don't seem to connect here. I really wish this used bluetooth instead of WiFi. For one thing it means I can't use this except when on WiFi. No using it while on the train and such. And at least here at work, it doesn't even work on the WiFi we've got. Maybe they are blocking it somehow. I don't know. Disappointed. It seems like a good idea, though. I will try again at home.

3. TimmyB

TimmyB Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Thanks for sharing. I just tried it and it is pretty cool. But I agree that it would be better if it used Bluetooth instead of Wifi.....it limits my access to it.

4. PedroKZ

PedroKZ New Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Grabbing it now, looks right up my alley.

Hopefully they can add Bluetooth support later on.

5. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    it does work on bluetooth, just turn off your wifi antenna and it will load up. i liked darkside before, but joypad was reason enough for me to chip in for their iap full unlock. good stuff.

6. Is there any app that can do the same, but iphone on iphone?
    I have an iphone 4 and 5.

7. I think so too. Anyway, I turn on both my wifi and bluetooth on, and it works fine without any wifi router. The website is at

http://getjoypad.com/

This is great to use to make your ipad a console with hdmi. Really fun playing a lot of your games on tv, using your iphone as a wireless joystick. Some games play great with it.