Let's talk PC gaming

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Bronxsta, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I can't be the only one here who plays PC games as much as IOS games, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread to discuss PC games, the newest releases, cool upcoming games, interesting news, etc.

2. Bronxsta

So I've been following Ultimate General: Gettysburg since it was on Greenlight. Dev released 20 minutes of gameplay, looks excellent

3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I played Far Cry, it came bundled with my graphics card when i built my custom PC years ago. Bought a couple of games here and there.. spider-man 3, resident evil 4, GTA San Andreas. But that's it really. But my favourite game on PC ever is the fan made Streets of Rage: Remake. Hope it gets ported to iPhone :)

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #4 undeadcow, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    I just beat Unepic (indie metroidvania) and had a lot of fun with it. Rogue Legacy was good but got old quick. Playing some Heroes of Might & Magic III right now. I tried to get into Hitman Absolution but couldn't (yet) and am hooing to give the new Tomb Raider a whirl. F.E.A.R. is a lot of fun.

I prefer DRM-free stuff through GOG than Steam.

5. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    #5 Papa Deuce, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    9+ years of WoW, and lots of steam games.

Sadly, many games I loved back then, are not nearly as fun today, on Steam.

Some of my favorite PC games ever...

1. Masters of Orion
    2. Civ 2
    3. Capitalism
    4. The Gold Box D and D games.... I really loved those.
    5. Gateway to Apshai
    6. The original Bard's Tale..... But today I can't even stand playing it
    7. Jagged Alliance2
    8. Evil Genius
    9. Any good 4x game, really
    10. I foget ;2 name, but there is a business sim on Steam, and I loved it.

6. My favorite pc game was starcraft. Hope blizzard makes it for the ipad one day.

7. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    I don't have a very powerful machine, but have gotten back into the PC gaming scene thanks to OnLive and their CloudLift service that will stream certain Steam games from their servers. Been playing a lot of Saints Row IV and Batman: Arkham Origins. Batman: AO has a pretty fun multiplayer mode, too.

8. Bronxsta

GOG is mostly old school games? I prefer Humble and Steam. Actually there are quite a few DRM-free games on Steam

If you like Rogue Legacy, you've probably played Spelunky, right? I love roguelikes; if you like those two, definitely check out Towerclimb and Catacomb Kids.

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Wait, you can play games that aren't League of Legends on your PC?

Learn something new every day.

10. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'm personally a big fan of strategy games and 4x games in general, I tend to play Space Empires IV Gold and Distant Worlds a lot. I'm pretty much limited to those couple until I buy a new PC unfortunately.

Although I have been thinking about buying a new laptop as the trackpad died on my old one a few days ago I might even go and have a look at what's available this week sometime.

11. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I was a PC gamer until my expensive gaming pc had a meltdown.. as of this year i have fully converted to the dark side (MAC) and only play iOS games on my iPad.

I did play MMOs for 13 years.

12. Bronxsta

I have a pretty mediocre non-gaming laptop and can run most indie games and even some AAA games like Deus Ex HR, Arkham City, etc.

And many many PC games run on Mac. (meaning PC gaming as general computer games, not just games for Windows)

You can probably still play a lot of games

13. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I tried playing World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls Online and Diablo 3. Had to run them on 1280x720 with medium settings. They looked like shit on those settings.

I did not buy it to play games anyways. I use it to stream/record iOS games.

14. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Waiting for GTA V for the PC. Until then... I'm busy with just iOS games. LOL.

15. VRPgames

VRPgames Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Ireland
    I'm a PC gamer and I hate consoles :). I play some games with NVIDIA 3D VISION. My favorite games are:

1. Killing Floor -> The best game ever :)
    2. Sid Meier's Civilization V
    3. IL-2 Sturmovik
    4. Digital Combat Simulator: A-10C Warthog
    5. Battlefield 2, 3
    6. The Elder Scrolls V
    7. Total War series

16. Bronxsta

Ha, yeah, I was mainly a console gamer for the last 15 years. Got into PC gaming last summer, now I have more PC games in eight months than I've had on all my consoles combined. Those bundles and Steam sales...
    Except for The Last of Us and GTA V, I haven't touched my PS3 in months.

Not really into MP, my preferred genres are roguelikes, stealth, platformers, and tactical/strategy. If I had to rank them, my current favorites would be Project Zomboid, Overgrowth, Dishonored, The Swapper, Teleglitch, and Prison Architect

17. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Awesomenauts has been my go to game for the past year or so. It's a 2D Platformer MOBA and is totally fun.

18. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    I didn't realize it was a MOBA. I have it (must have been in a Humble Bundle) so I'll have to check it out.

19. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I've been playing Titanfall and Goat simulator lately. Some of the best games I've played in a while.

20. Bronxsta

In a Reddit AMA, the dev said more stuff will be added to Goat Sim on release. Including a "huge goat" and a fight club ring

Yeah