Universal Inotia 4: Assassin of Berkel - (by Com2uS Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dalbertson, Apr 26, 2012.

1. FraggleJP

FraggleJP Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Damn,
    I downloaded the free version from the japanese store, and it has the option to change languages. So great, I thought i'd pay for the ad-free version. Turns out in the paid version you cant change language, so Im stuck with japanese!

Even thiugh the app description states it supports other languages including english.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    What do you mean mercenary specific skills?

3. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

Anyone else notice any class can wear any armor? My warlock was wearing chain mail and plate and stuff. I dont like that i mean the reason why u play a melee class is to be able to wear heavy duty armor i mean u can be a rogue wearing plate.....

4. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    #64 nosoup4crr, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    the far-right column of skills in a mercenary's tree. Some of the abilities I've seen are:

+30% armor when wearing metal (applies to all mercenaries)

+10% effect of potions

+3% damage while using a bow

increased chance to get a rare mercenary spawn when recruiting mercenaries

increased chance for item drop

True...but leather/cloth armor give base increases to physical/magical damage. So, i think it's a fair tradeoff. If your warlock is wearing plate, you're sacrificing a lot of damage.

5. Ace43

Ace43 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Sup eAdvisory,Sgcc1( anyone else who played CH). Not sure if u meant me as well eAdvisory,when u talkin bout the flamers lol. I was just pointing out a closer resemblance to this game than WoW. I'm level 16?, with black knight as my main, assassin, ranger. (wish I'd find a priest emblem). Also is there really (heroic) mercenaries? I got 6 emblems, all in this order (Blk nite,ranger,assassin,Blk nite, ranger, assassin).
    Not sure if anybody remembers me from CH?

6. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    Hey ace43! but no i didnt mean you. its all taken care of though! im playing as blakc knight too,.

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow no soup thank you for that response u answered a few of my questions!

8. Ace43

Ace43 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    K. Just checking. :).
    I can't believe all the money I spent on CH. I'd say at least 50$. I learned my lesson. (that's enough to buy a new ps3 game ) XD
    Found any good farming spots in I4?

9. eAdvisory

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    I havent found any spots yet, but ill let you know if i do, PLEASE let me know as well!

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I don't mean to appear as lazy for not following the posts, but should I dispel the earlier negative comments about the game and go ahead and grab it? I'm guessing most of you guys are liking the game. What was up with the earlier posts? Hated the first one, loved the second, and found the third to be decent.

11. Ace43

Ace43 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Alright I will, no problem. Not sure if u got there yet but the cave right before u get to the queen spider, I found 2 emblems (assassin ranger) within 5 mins of each other. Not sure if that qualifies as a farming spot or not, but it's the best place I've found good stuff yet.

12. sgcc1

sgcc1 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Hey Ace, glad to see you in this thread as well.

eAdvisory - the priest at lvl 40 is EPIC. The Celestial Lightning spell is comparable to the magicians Hellfire spell. Methinks the priest will be my main on the second playthrough.

atm I've kinda hit a brick wall - one TOUGH Boss (stupid djinn) - and there's no place to buy Improved Res scrolls since I'm in a dungeon. Think I'll have to grind and lvl up to 42 tomorrow

13. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    #73 nosoup4crr, Apr 28, 2012
    i hit that same wall a couple hours ago. The damage output was too high for my lvl 37 black knight mercenary to handle. I just levelled a bit. I got him up to 38 or 39 (40 or 41 for others in party). It became bearable. I did, however, spend a good amount of time running during the fight.

I've also been avoiding playing the priest -- which makes my potion use really high.

14. eAdvisory

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    yeah, im diggin the priest, i may restart! hehe

15. sgcc1

sgcc1 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    The djinn hits HARD. Tomorrow I'll grind to lvl 42 and I should be okay. Glad it's not just me who finds him a wee bit tough

Question - which stat do you guys think is better for the magician - INT or MEN?

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    #76 Amenbrother, Apr 28, 2012
    I would say int for casters period, it seems men is for hit chance and int is for dmg.

On a side note i just got my first cape and i didnt even know they were in this game so that was a pleasant surprise!

Also I really really like the addition of the orbs dropping off mobs and it fills up your mana a little!

17. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    it depends on your style. I think Int is counted at 1.2x for "direct damage" and ment is counted at 1.2x for curses/DoT abilities. Both are used in calculating damage, though. I imagine you could be swayed by which bonuses from the stats you need, seeing as they're pretty close.

18. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    if you go to the skills screen, you can see how numbers calculated for individual spells. Ment is part of the equation for casters...and it's the ONLY important stat for healing spells.

19. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Playing this as well - hope someone makes character stat builds / advice / skill strategies soon! Cant seem to figure out the best stat builds for my characters (just starting out with my Warlock and loving it!) :)

20. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    To me it has to be int all the way for the warlock, i wish there was a little more info on stuff though. Like for strength it says thats for 2 handers so if I have a warrior that wants to dual wield do i put points into dex instead? Sigh.