Making Music On iOS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by BeatScribe, May 8, 2012.

1. BeatScribe

BeatScribe Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    So I've been finding myself using my iPad for music more than ever. Although there are tons of music apps out there that are pretty much considered toys by most composers, I've found a few that are actually pretty good. The stand out of the pack is iSequence. Its not an end-all solution, it can't compete with Logic Pro or Ableton, but I find I'm using it more and more for mocking up tracks, just to export the midi and even using some of its awesome loop packs and then combining them with other outside DAWs.

Anyone else have any recommendations? Has anyone tried the Apogee jam? I'm curious about how good it would really sound. Its a fun idea anyways, plugging your guitar into your iPad.:cool:

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    There a huge thread of people recomending music apps although it took me a few searches to find it again.

Found it here

I've a few different apps myself but the main one is definitely nanostudio and because I'm heavily into electronic music and like to make my own mixes I have cue play DJ which is in my opinion the best serious mixing app.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well I use my computer to make music, but there's Dubstep Studio if you're into that.

4. makaGeorge

makaGeorge Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    #4 makaGeorge, May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
    I found Soundprism the day I got my iPad and I love it... Not only is it a nice instrument, but it does a great job of helping people understand some of the basics of how music is written.

5. BeatScribe

BeatScribe Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    I, too, tried SoundPrism at the beginning. I forget why now, but for some reason I decided against purchasing it. It does have some really crisp clean synth sounds though!