Universal Neuroshima Hex (by Portal Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Two out of three really ain't bad ;) And it doesn't hurt that those two were the most important ;) So the push notifications will bring me directly into the match? If so (and really, even more so if not), I wouldn't mind you skipped the "Play" button altogether in the future, and just dealt us the tiles and started our turn. Basically, the quicker the push notifications allows us to do our turn, the better. (As always, look to Carcassonne for an example of how it should be done :) )

Really excited for new armies and team mode. The async community will be ALL over Neuroshima now ;)

2. aaronius80

aaronius80 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Legal/Enforcement
    Asia
    Yes! I have been waiting for asynchronous multiplayer on this game for the longest time! Looking forward to playing with you guys especially kitkeat!:D

And I am all down for the new armies!

3. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    As for the new armies we also would like to add that Steel Police will also be coming with one of teh future updates.

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    SWEET! For those unaware:

Source: http://www.portalpublishing.eu/products/board-games/neuroshima-hex/neuroshima-hex-steel-police/

5. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    New Amries! YES! Thanks!

I already responded to multiplayer on the iPad thread. :)

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Too cool although I'm still hoping for the cool terrain stuff that they have yet to include from the real game's expansion.

7. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Right on buddy! Can't wait...

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Something I haven't really noticed about Neojungle until now: the Neojungle HQ tile description states that the Motherland only spreads through adjacent units ("All Neojungle units adjacent to HQ belong to the Motherland & all Neojungle units adjacent to Motherland connected units also belong to it.". Modules are not units, according to the manual (Chapter 5, Board Tiles: "There are 3 types of Board Tiles: Headquarters, Units and Modules").

But the Motherland still spreads through Modules. I've experimented with linking Medic, Scout and Officer Modules to the Neojungle HQ, placing another layer of unconnected Modules in front of the Medic and Officer Modules connected to HQ, and then placing a Neojungle Swarm unit in front of the row of unlinked modules, and the Swarm still gains extra attacks, initiative, and Medic support upon receiving damage.

Big Daddy's Creations, is this intended (which should prompt a revision of the Neojungle tile description), or a bug?

(Not that I'd ever complain if the former is the case! With Neojungle as my favourite army, having Modules spread the Motherland only makes the army all that more powerful ;) )

9. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    yes I've been looking forward to asyn mp as well. feel free to start games with me for this game :D

10. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Please explain. When I first got this game (on iOS) I did look it up and discovered you could expand the board size. Is that different from the terrain stuff?

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    2 vs 2 multiplayer... Aaaaaaahhhm so excited!

12. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    The terrain pieces are the same board expanding pieces

Each of them have a specific modifier and a list of secondary bonuses that were used in the Babel13 campaign.

When playing with friends we'd add the terrain, then roll a die to determine the secondary bonus. Every game became for more interesting.

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    That's it!

14. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    In definition of Motherland word units should be replaced with tiles. Our implementation is OK, rules just don't explain that too well, sorry for that.

15. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    linda_y, what do you mean? We don't have any unlockable content. New factions are IAPs.

16. Thorwan

Thorwan Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Finally, async multiplayer! Neuroshima Hex is still one of my favourite games, can't wait to play this with my friends!

17. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Oh and probably most importantly for iPod 2G and iPhone 3G users - this update also fixed all bug with UI elements misplaced.

18. gokouh

gokouh Member

Aug 8, 2010
    So I saw the screenshots on you official web page and they look awesome. What are the future plans after the internet gameplay for the Neuroshima hex? New armies? Custom army/map editor?

19. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    We're working on Vegas and Smart now. These should be available sooner than you think :)

20. heavensblade23

heavensblade23 Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Hmm guess it's time to put this on my buy list now that it has asynch.