Trial Frontiers (By Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jun 11, 2013.

1. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Some words on the description (''Expand and enrich your village'', ''Live Community Events'', ''Friend Notifications'') makes me thinking the same...
    Hope not...

2. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    Yeap... My only hope is that the freemium model for this doesn't include timers (but PocketGamer article said ''Trials: Frontier will be a free-to-play game, so we can expect multiple currencies and an energy system.''). I can stand a lot of freemium models but not these one with timers (means no download for me)... From the gamepaly reminds me a little bit Motor Heroez wich was an awesome game!

3. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    My faith in humanity went a bit down..

It's official Square/Enix respects us more....Aarrghh where do I begin?!

4. ...well then...not like I cared any way...no, I'm not crying, I just yawned

5. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    It's so awesome. I can challenge with my friends. :)

6. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Uuugghhhh!!The article on PG just confirmed my fears..There will be some sort of timer thingy or nonsense that will stop the flow of your game..

I know which game set the stage for this...Redlynx why!?

7. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    Grrr... Just read this article and.... nooooo... It seems i have to stay with MotorHeroz and Bike Baron... :(

8. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Am I the only one who thinks this looks a bit underwhelming? Especially for such a large company with such a successful franchise. You'd think they would have put more time and effort into this.

9. thehype

thehype Member

Nov 10, 2010
    It's available in canadian AppStore as soft Launch! :D downloading right now

I'm so happy

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You're a bit late, but yeah, enjoy putting up with timers. :D

11. thehype

thehype Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Yeah a single iap would be much better, but hey i often only play 5 minutes a time... For now i have to say its quite fair for a free to play game hope this doesn't change later in game!

If some people would change their mind In paying for games, the world will be a better place for premium games! :)

12. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I'm playing this right now. the game is beautiful, truly the Trials you'de wish to see on a mobile device; short sessions, lots of tracks.

but when it's out in the US, you'll see that it's a game made by satan himself. timers everywhere, and difficulty spikes from hell and you can't really get past them by grinding ! I'm at a point in the game where you have to get parts for a 3rd bike, wich is required to play the next tracks. the last part needed is kept by a "miniboss" that you can't beat even if you got SKILLS, even by upgrading you 2nd bike a lot, you still can't. the devs are clearly thinking that at this point, most player will be like "dang, guess I'll pay a little something to get past that boss !" but I'm absolutely sure that there is a lot of those pay walls like this one. oh still, you get things all the times, like when you "level up" you get a refill of gas, a little money and that's it. it gives you the feeling that you are actually getting somewhere but the truth is, you are constantly pushed toward the currency shop, and by the most vile manner; it doesn't give you the ORDER to do so, no you get the feeling that with a little cash investment you'll get fine till the end of the game.
    so IMO, it's not worth the wait. you'll get to try it until you realise it's a robbery. it's the kind of game that won't be forgiven by petty arguments like "it's free, stop complaining !"

I went to see what is said on redlynx's forums and it's a laugh. people have excellent arguments against most game mechanics, but the answers are laughable, like "any change will break the game and we want to provide the best experience blabalbal-BS."

AVOID !

13. thehype

thehype Member

Nov 10, 2010
    No problems here...i have the fourth bike now, Gold on Many Tracks and Yeah... I have Fun too!
    Ok, My free given diamonds are reduced a Lot in this Wheel of Fortune thing, but the effort is Not so Bad!

What Pisses me of a Little, is the fact that the later Tracks Need two fuel tanks to Drive...

Trials was ever and will hopefully ever be, a Game of skill! Sometimes it's hard, but that's the Fun!

:D