iDracula 2 already in the works?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Mar 19, 2009.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    http://chillingo.com/index.htm?node=coming_soon
    [​IMG]

Sure looks like the hunter, and the image is tagged "vampire".

Already? How soon do you think we'll get iDracula 2? Do you think they will still update the original iDracula? Why even have iDracula 2 if it's the same action game like 1, when all they have to do is update 1?

(unless iDracula 2 is gonna be different from 1 and they want the sales from a new product out there.)

2. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    SENIOR MEMBER DUTIES;)"Wrong section, seems like upcoming games

ON TOPIC: Either way, idracula was a great .99 game, so I wouldn't feel jipped if it turned out to be a promotion for a more expensive and expanded game.

3. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    They did say they were thinking of releasing a premium version- possibly with more gameplay elements

4. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Wasn't it supposed to be the RPG version of iDracula? *not sure* >>; I remember hearing that somewhere.

5. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    An iDracula RPG will sell like hot cakes!

They did mention that prior to release of iDracula.

6. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    idracula isnt even like 2 months old and they are making a 2 if it is

7. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Hmm... I don't know. I actually think I read somewhere (maybe here?) that iDracula was just a test for their actual game. To see if everything was good and worked right.

I think it might even be a RPG (don't count on it though, I vaguely remember)

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Yes it would, especially if we got long winding stages instead of arenas.

Like you walk in from the forest into the Park, then up the stairs into a winding staircase into the castle. End of Stage 1.

Then Stage 2 is the snowfield, etc.

9. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    i bet its the premium version

10. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Their first was only 99 cents so I don't really care if they release a 2nd. Hopefully it will have different gameplay so one doesn't replace the other.

11. Danillson

Danillson Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Nice idea. I think the graphics in iDracula are superb, unlike the name...

12. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    If it is a sequel to iDracula I personally think they are announcing it way too early, but it might not be.

13. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Has anyone else realized it also says dungeon & hero isn't out yet I just think they haven't updated the page yet

14. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
  15. bmcvey

bmcvey Active Member

Dec 31, 2008
    The game's graphics would certainly merit more substance to it. Right now it's almost a case study in usability and a way to hype a forthcoming game. It's a fun one in it's current state, but I think having an RPG would be an excellent choice for them.

When I first saw the previous I thought it was going to be a Diablo-esque style of game, but was a little disappointed to find out it was more or less just a survival game.

More power to Chillingo, and if it is in the books I hope they go for it. They've got the base for something very very solid.

16. cmfnyc

cmfnyc Active Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Adventure, Hack n' Slash would be welcome

I may be in the minority, but I was disappointed by iDracula. Visually, it is stunning. The controls are good. The weapons and powerups are great. But running around killing things without a plot, stages and checkpoints just doesn't interest me for very long.

At launch, I asked myself, is this it? Then Chillingo's heavy twitter promotion of the 1.1 update made me think this kind of expansion was coming, but it didn't materialize.

So I'm back to asking myself, is this it? If they do make it more like of a Hero of Sparta: Bloodsucker Edition, I'll be thrilled. I don't even mind paying again for the privilege as I have a good idea about its quality.

17. Closter

Closter Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2009
    iVampire?
    iSlayer?
    iHellsing?
    :D

18. 21duc29

21duc29 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Student
    Yeah, why a second already? I love the game and would probably get the premium- why not just have us pay 4 to 6 extra bucks on an update so we can have only one icon not two.

19. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I tend to agree with you that that game isn't very deep. The game is fun as a shoot'em up with the stunning graphics. But otherwise, it is what it is for $.99. It could explain why it's dropping down the Top 100 with the new $2.99 tag.

20. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    They actually havent announced it yet.