Looking for a Good Game Development Company

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by skynet, Feb 8, 2011.

1. skynet

skynet Member

Dec 11, 2010
    I had posted this is the wrong section and was told to try here instead.

I'm looking to find a company to develop a game for me but I'm find trouble finding one that is reputable.

I had originally been looking into free lancers but decided it would probably be better to go with a well established company if possible.

Is there any companies you guys can recommend?

2. nvx

nvx Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    UK
    I wonder how many developers have contacted you so far. :rolleyes:

You might want to explain what you mean by a "Good Game Development Company", I dont reckon many developers here (me included) would consider ourselves "good", "bad", "ugly" or otherwise.

Be more precise about the kind of developer you need, referencing similar projects or a list of features your game requires, and I am sure you will get a better response.

I am certainly not interested, I dont believe we are "reputable" and "good" enough for your project.

Good luck. :)

3. skynet

skynet Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Thanks for your reply nvx, I hope I didn't offend you?

I just meant by "good"/"reputable" maybe someone you've used before or can recommend :)

I'm looking to get a game made that is similar to Trenches in terms of the control and game play although the actual objectives and style that I have in mind are different.

4. ThunderGameWorks

ThunderGameWorks Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    What you may try doing is contacting a studio who has already attempted to copy Trenches, but I've got be honest here, we have had a dedicated team put more than 9 months into Trenches to make it what it is.

5. Lightworx

Lightworx Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Italy
    I would like to offer the services of our company.

We are a young, talented and ambitious company, who have been producing applications for the range of iDevices for the past 18 months. We have worked with several professional business and non-profit organisations based in the UK, the US and Eastern Europe and I can forward letters of recommendation if required.

Our company consists of 2 main programmers, 1 artist (2D & 3D) and one technical director/QA. Our rates for the entire company working on your project start from $4000.00 per month. That works out at roughly $200.00 per day for all 4 people working full time on your project. We can provide fixed price quotes and pride ourselves on our professional approach.

We can take care of the entire application development for you, from initial idea consultation through the implementation of your ideas and submission of the application. We can also provide feedback and marketing assistance.

We pride ourselves on being a socially responsible company and we use up to 50% of our companies revenue to create applications for charities and non profit organisations for free.

Please view some of our applications below.

Drug Free World - Free
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/drug-free-world/id401121361?mt=8

Arkinvade - Paid
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/arkinvade/id387007654?mt=8

Astrology - Paid
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/astrology/id363765111?mt=8

Population Counter - Free
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/population-counter/id357716722?mt=8

India Population Counter - Free
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/india-population-counter/id405229652?mt=8

Take a look at our website and PM or email me for a quote or even just a chat :)

PS. We are very familiar with Cocos2D which was used for Trenches, and I have to admit that I have lost many hours of my life shooting ze germans!

6. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    The big deal is not the 9 months to develop a quality product, the deal here is those people who pretend to hire someone to make their awesome game, they think if your game cost 0.99$, the programming cost should be lower too, but every developer here knows the truth, you can't expect to hire a professional for less than 2k$ per month, plus an artist, musician, marketing.

The game industry is one of the most expensives out there, it's not cheaper to make a game, specially not a good one

7. skynet

skynet Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Hi eskema, I understand what you mean and have experience developing apps myself I just don't seem to have the time anymore :) so I do understand the level of work involved.

8. skynet

skynet Member

Dec 11, 2010
    So are there any other companies you guys can recommend ?