Metal Gear – Social Ops (by Konami, via GREE)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Whiteplayer3d, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    #1 Whiteplayer3d, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the Metal Gear 25th Anniversary event today, Konami announced that a new game set in the Metal Gear’verse will be coming to iOS

in the guise of a card game this Autumn/Winter. Powered by the Unity 3D engine and utilising the GREE social gaming platform, Social Ops will see you reliving key moments from past games in the series.

At E3 we saw a few examples of card games using GREE, such as the Gangstar spinoff from Gameloft. No doubt the idea of a card game version of Metal Gear will garner quite a few groans from iOS gamers, hoping instead for a fully fledged Metal gear entry on iOS. However, with Kojima Productions handling the planning of the game, we’ll reserve judgement for now.

Look out for a teaser trailer to hit soon.

Source: andriasang.com

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well i just hope if this goes into production, there follows an english version. You know... Gree.

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Why not a real Metal Gear game? T.T

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Saw this story on another iOS site and agreed with them, when i heard about a iOS Metal Gear Solid game i thought YESSSS, then i read it was a 'card game' and then thought nooooooooo.

Love the variety of games on iOS but just cant get into any card games

5. Thankyousteve

Thankyousteve Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Stay, these guys just don't take iOS seriously, that's why I like epic games, they actually spend time to make great games for this platform

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Gameplay:

Tap, Page change, Tap, Page change, Tab, Page change,...

If there is one Company that has even less Gameplay in their Games then Zynga/Glu Games then Gree would be the Mother of all dumbed down Gameplay.

This should be a sad Day for all Metal Gear Solid Fans and the only thing I can say to Konami for allowing it that it had come that far would be...
    <Censored> You!

7. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    seriously? a MGS social game? a card game to boot? WOW! im so excited, oh so excited, come on, come on, !@#$%.

what is happening to big name/time game developers now? sheesh!

8. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Card Game?!?! :(

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  10. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
  11. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I love Metal Gear but i'm really suspicious of GREE

12. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    It was actually Tap, Watch Animation, Page Change, Tap, Watch Animation, Page Change. So more like an interactive movie rather than your typical gree interactive picture book.

On a side note, definition of insanity is doing the same exact thing over and over and expecting different results, so I have to stop playing this game now.