King Cashing 2 by Productions Multimage

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by multimage, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    The art style looks fantastic, looking forward to this one :)

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Great Castlevania vibe.

3. oneshark

oneshark Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Studying
    Philippines
    Can't wait for the release! I'm glad a lot of things are added to KC2. Draw me in!

4. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    King Cashing is one of the best slot x RPG game I've played so far. Can't wait for this sequel.

5. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

Gaah! There seems to have been a problem with the contest page sending people here instead of the contest page. So anyone who posted here since 2012-09-27 will also be entered in the contest. Sorry for the mistake!

6. multimage

For this week's update, we don't have much to show, but the game has now entered alpha stage! The first world is now fully playable and has even entered the balancing stage!

Many things have already been changed, added or removed depending on general feeling while playing the game. For example, item qualities like those in King Cashing 1 were no longer shown with the item name. There was no more Dusty Gold Pieces or Superior Sword. Instead, little medals were showing beside each weapon. And this didn't roll well at all. Getting items felt weird and it felt like you didn't really know if you just got something good or bad. So gone are the medals and back are the prefixes!

Other than that, there is now a HOLD item that allows you to hold a reel once per battle. So if you got something that is hard to get in a reel, hold it and it won't spin for the next turn! There are many strategies that can evolve from this simple mechanic. Thanks to HLW for the idea!

Next week, I'll try to show one of the page from the first world. For now, here's the evolution of the Cyborgette when you level her up:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looking great!

8. Earthdweller

Earthdweller Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    UK
    Its all looking great, cant wait.

Really pleased you've added HOLD as it makes it even more interactive.

I know its been discussed but would also like NUDGE. Would have to be rare or cost a lot.

Keep up the good work, cant wait for the finished game.

9. multimage

Yes I'm still considering a nudge option. Maybe I'll have time to add this once programming is done and if I'm still waiting for images to come in.

10. multimage

[​IMG]

This is the second page from the first world. I wanted to show what a page from the game looks like. The big "FIGHT" is actually a button to engage in a fight. While this page only shows a battle at the bottom, all pages normally feature between 3-4 fights, and sometimes other nodes like shop, gamble, chest and tips.

There won't be any updates next week but I'll try to post the week after that. Thanks everyone for your interest in the game and don't forget to check out the contest: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=156675

11. multimage

After some testing, we decided to axe the current Cyborgette weapons. At first, she was supposed to use appliances and the player had to assume that these appliances were modified by the Cyborgette to give them power or whatever. Sure it seemed cool on paper to attack with a toaster, but once I got an electric toothbrush after a battle, it felt, well, boring. There's no way that you can be happy finding some piece of appliance compared to getting a tiger, a sword or a bazooka. So these weapons are now gone.

The initial idea was robots. She was supposed to create zombie-robots similar to herself, but less advanced. Just brain-dead attacking robots. So we asked the artist to come up with something and we are very pleased with the result. We now have 5 robot classes with each 7 materials like bronze, silver, gold etc. They look much nicer than appliances and they have that little oomph that the appliances missed.

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Mirkwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Loving the art style, thanks for the updates :)

13. multimage

Like I said back in August, I struggled with the equipment screen for some time. When I finally managed to get a good inventory screen, I left it that way and I've been testing the rest of the game using this temporary screen for 2 months. But not any more! Here is a screenshot from the inventory screen on iPad:

[​IMG]

Don't mind the minor flaws. Some text is still temporary but you can still get a good idea of what this screen will be like in the game. I still plan to tweak it a little but the most important stuff is there. New to King Cashing 2 is a color system that tells the quality of an item. Bronze means low quality, silver is normal quality and gold is superior quality. You can also see that some weapons now have added effects to them. Some effects occur on hit while others are permanent as long as the weapon is equipped.

I'll try to post again next week. Have a nice weekend everyone!

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Looking forward to King Cashing 2

15. multimage

[​IMG]

Here's the status screen for King Cashing 2. In this screen you can assign your skill points into your party members, into cherries or into luck. Investing points in cherries means you'll have more cherries during each fight, just like in King Cashing 1. Investing in luck will increase your chances each time something good can happen. For example, you might get more drops, more quality drops, more chances of special abilities to trigger, etc.

So that's it for this week. Have a nice weekend everyone!

16. Mirkwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Are you planning on doing a beta period for this game?

I would love, love, love to help test this :)

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Cant wait for this :D

18. multimage

Still not sure about the beta, but I'll make sure to post about it on TA forums if there is one. Thanks for your offer!

19. multimage

Lately we've been hard at work to balance the first 2 worlds. Many things have changed since we started balancing. One of the most important change is the alchemist's weapons: the potions.

Potions were introduced very early when designing King Cashing 2. We felt they would add a different experience of gameplay for those wanting to play with them. Unfortunately, potions always suffered from a lack of variety compared to the other weapons. Knowing we had less potion types, this either meant that they'd drop less often or that the player would see the same potions more often. To compensate for this, we added other types of potions. These new potions felt forced into the design and once we started balancing, we quickly realized that they were not fun to play with.

[​IMG]
    The first to go was the cash potion. By doing less damage, this potion instead leeched cash each turn to get a better bonus at the end of battle. There was a huge problem with this: Removing a good weapon for a lesser weapon that acted as a bonus meant you would do much less damage during combat. So you had to use them in earlier fights. There was no point in doing that since harder fights yield much more cash than the potion could leech anyway. We could have made them leech more GP, but even then it was just not fun. Besides, there are already bonuses that get you more GP anyway. So RIP cash potion.

[​IMG]
    The second potion to go was the slow down potion. These made the reels go slower for a couple of turns. The amount of slowdown and the duration depended on the quality of the potion. The problem was that players who were not aiming didn't want to use the potion and those aiming found it much harder to aim throughout the whole battle since the reels were sometimes going fast, then slow for a couple of turns, then fast again, etc. This made it even harder to aim, which was not the point. So gone is the slowdown potion too.

Luckily, during last week's balancing, 2 new ideas came from a tester and it happens that both these ideas could fit for potion types. So the potions now have a full range of types like the other weapons and all of them are fun to play with while still adding a different kind of experience. I won't tell what the new types are yet but, transmutation anyone?

We might post less often in the coming weeks but I'll try to share tidbits of info when I have the time. Cheers all!

20. Bardock29

Bardock29 Active Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks for the update. The game is looking great cant wait to try this game :)