Universal Pocket Mine 2 (by Roofdog Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by talf, Feb 10, 2015.

1. talf

talf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 2, 2012
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Montreal
    Hi all,

we'll soon be releasing "Pocket Mine 2"! We are planning to release it late February/early March.

The game is in soft launch in Canada for those who'd like to give it a try ahead of the worldwide launch:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pocket-mine-2/id901476753?ls=1&mt=8

Here are promo codes for those who'd like to get an early look at the game but don't have a Canada account:

YLYJLAYPRENM
    NFEX73R7YJAT
    AALE96AWK6NF
    YWFA4A3K679P
    R64MRKNX6XWT
    XJEE34FF9MMH
    9X6E6K63T93N
    NXTYMNFM4YXP
    PK4K9FWELXL3
    FNHAMYAF6LWR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Thanks I've redeem NFEX73R7YJAT:)

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Used YLYJLAYPRENM

Thanks! :)

4. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    NXTYMNFM4YXP. Grabbed I will update. Cheers

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you!!!!
    AALE96AWK6NF

6. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Codes are all used. Very excited for this game. I loved the first one. I'm just happy another one is coming out.

7. talf

talf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 2, 2012
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Montreal
    GameCenter

I've just noticed that the game might soft freeze upon GameCenter login if you have lots of friends (I've tested it with 280 friends)

Just wait for about 10 seconds and the game should resume.

We'll look into this!

8. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Awesome! If you have any codes left, I'd love to pick this one up a bit early. I put sooooo many hours into the first one.

NVM - YWFA4A3K679P was still good!

9. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Took
    PK4K9FWELXL3 :).
    The first one was great. I give some feedback soon.

10. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    #10 Wicked8146, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    I have been able to play this a bit this morning. I love all the extra new features. Like how fast you've made the miner move. Thanks for that. I also like the island layout. It gives a sense of progression. I came across two formatting errors that I just wanted to share. Otherwise, everything looks great so far! The loadout system is pretty cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    After playing all your games to death, I thought I'd be able to grab a code, but they're all used. Guess I'll have to wait :p

On a side note devs: can you go to Pocket Road Trip thread and show me a pic of the car I'm missing? I've been on 80 out of 81 for what seems forever…

Back OT: I'll check this game when it goes globally available, because I loved the first part.

12. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Dang I missed all the codes #

13. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Impressions: It feels a lot like the first one (which is good), and it has enough changes to see why a sequel is necessary. I like the level structure because a sense of progression is nice. I also like all the different costume pieces you can discover. Basically, though, it is a bigger and better version of the same thing. If you loved Pocket Mine, you will love Pocket Mine 2.

I do think you should just get rid of Everyplay. Disabling it isn't enough. Something about that service just really gets on my nerves.

14. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

My friends and I are addicted to Pocket Mines at the minute! Can't wait until Pocket Mines 2 releases!

15. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Agree, plus I'd add that achieving the premium currency (red gems) is possible through gaming. Difficult but possible, something which you couldn't get in the first game.

Price of the energy increaser (from 5 to 8 units, as in the first one) is 5€ (4.99 to be more precise). I bought it and I've played for nearly 2h straight. When you level up, battery meter replenishes. No feeling of being locked without the chance of playing.

I also like how the characters work in the game: each island has their character to play with. You have slots to add any unlocked character you purchase and play with it in the island of your choice. In other words, island A with character A, island B with character B, etc. If you want to play with character A on island B, unlock it, purchase it and equip it in the special slot. Once you use that character once, the slot locks for 2h.

In a few words: I deleted PM1 because I couldn't achieve the red gems by playing, but PM2 is staying for a very long time on my phone :)

16. talf

talf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 2, 2012
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Montreal
    Australia / New Zealand

Just to let you know that we have extended the soft launch to Australia and New Zealand. so, if you have an account for these country, you can grab the game for free right now! :)

17. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    So I am level 12 and I have't had any issues with running out of batteries, thus limiting my need for the 8 battery extension. It seems like every 5th run I level up and re-charge my battery. Maybe it gets more difficult as I level up more.

Now this is not a bad thing; it's actually a great thing for the player. I get frustrated at games that won't let you play while you wait for re-charges, but maybe it needs to be tweaked a bit to help generate a bit more revenue.

Has there been any consideration for an IAP option that removes the battery timer? I tend to buy those on F2P games I like when they are available. Of course that would hinder the possibility for potential future continued revenue via watching ads or battery extending IAP.

18. talf

talf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 2, 2012
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Montreal
    Update 1.2.0

Hi all!

We've just released an update (v1.2.0) - still soft-launch in NZ/AU/CA.

If you've previously install the game from a promo code you won't see the update, so here are some more code for our last update:

KKLRFY4EAJ3L
    ARLY7EH4RK3L
    EHALN7JJ6KFP
    3KK6NTKX33KF
    3NLPJW4KXJK6

AEWWP9XP9K4Y
    FH7NL9TR3NWP
    RW4JPY36A6PA
    T6H97L96JEE3
    NYWAPXHEMPF9

WNPMH4LMN3AX
    LXJPTLT3M4HR
    AJKNLYXX3H9H
    XE7T6973WYTR
    EXRRHRAPE43Y

9NJTNN6K7E7P
    3RL93674AJJE
    HNL6KE9FFW39
    REFJ4LJR3PPL
    TLLEMR3PKW3L

6366MTPAFTPW
    7NLFTP9EFAEA
    YYER7MEJMFLM
    EY4PENYH337K
    WKNLYXWP6WP6

Here's the change log:

- 8 new characters for the adventure mode
    - Loading optimization
    - In-game push notifications for trade request
    - Better chain lightning block
    - Worms length start at 3
    - “Secret” mini game
    - TradeCenter contains trade request suggestions
    - Fixed GameCenter freeze
    - Other small improvements

19. ghosty222

ghosty222 Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
    I used 3RL93674AJJE

I tried this one first but was taken already for people looking for codes that work this one is taken
    YYER7MEJMFLM

20. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Holy crap I can't believe I found a code that wasn't redeemed. I'm a huge Pocket Mine fan. I started at the bottom of the list and worked my way up. Finally got NYWAPXHEMPF9 to work. So everything below that has been taken. Thank you!!!