new igamer?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Feb 6, 2010.

1. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    no. i am not a new igamer. but i have a question/comment (dont really know how to describe it)

anyway, i have always wondered something:

most of us here are long time or somewhat long time igamers. we know the old games. we know the new games. we know the good games. we know the bad games. there are so many games on the appstore, so many similar games in fact. so i was wondering... what if you are a new igamer?

where the hell do you start? i mean. what do you do first? there are just too many great games to pass up. i feel sorry for all new igamers, sorting through tA threads, trying to sift through the app store, searching for their niche.

any comments?

2. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    i would say doodle jump + pocket god are the first apps to get ( they were my first games)
    and then just watch the threads and the price drops or new updates

3. Anakin Skywalker

Feb 6, 2010
    @starmonkey

Well, that was quick. :p

4. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    huh?:confused:

5. Bassquake04

Bassquake04 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Well i'm a new igamer (iPod Touch 3G, 2 months) but luckily enough my friend has had an iPhone for a while and I've played some games on there and he's given me the heads up on whats good and what to stay away from. When it comes to the new games...I choose games for the iPod almost the same way as how I choose games for my ps3...I read/watch reviews and check out gameplays on youtube before I buy. I found TA by trying to read up on games and I stuck around because its been helpful. So any new igamer should just do research before and gameplay videos on youtube really help because you can actually see the game before you buy it.

6. Anakin Skywalker

Feb 6, 2010
    #6 Anakin Skywalker, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
    I mean in the other thread, I just asked you the same question and you quickly thought that there might have been more people like me before who got overwhelmed by so many game discussions going on, and thought you should start a thread for newcomers like us. ^_^

Thanks again :D

Also, I request the community to also give the top free games too, because newbies really would be looking to test the waters before pluging in. :)

7. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    OH!!! i didnt know that was you!! hahaha. yes. there is probably a thread for best free games somewhere. just search "best free games" in the search box on the home page at the top right. im sure there are a few threads. :)

8. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I started with the familar: tetris, bookworm, UNO, scrabble, bewjewled, ect. Then I moved to gameloft games: hero of Sparta, modern combat, assasins creed, ect. Then once I made my way to TA I started up on a lot of indie games. Now I feel I have a grip on what's new and some of the classics in the old.

9. Anakin Skywalker

Feb 6, 2010