What are your favorite game companies?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Gov, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Mine are - Gameloft, because they make the best looking mobile games. I also like Rockstar, because they gave us GTA, probably the best game series of all time. Also Electronic Arts (EA) - Made really great PS2 titles... Love them for that!

What are your favorites, and why?

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Similar to yours...

Rockstar - Legendary due to GTA
    EA - People seem to forget that before iOS and freemium they were a great company for many years. I love them due to the great Madden series which i used to buy yearly in the early 90's. Still love thinking back to Madden 93 on my Megadrive (Genesis)
    Gameloft - I think people have gone off them a bit but they do make a fair few classic iOS games. I think their early games (Specially DH 1 and 2) were brilliant, when i first got into iOS i played so many Gameloft games (NOVA, Heroes of Sparta etc)

I never played many modern games in the 00's, i always loved companies back from the 80's and 90's such as Ocean (which became RARE).

I'm a huge fan of arcade games so i love Konami, Tengen, Activision, Taito, Atari etc. I normally snap up any of their games on iOS the second i see it, love the Atari anthology

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Favorite Game Publisher/Developer:

1. Nintendo
    2. Ubisoft/Gameloft
    3. Electronic Arts/EA Mobile/Chillingo

Position 4. - 100. is most of the time occupied by Indie Publisher/Developer like Crescent Moon Games, Vlambeer, Simogo,....

4. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    1: Microprose (now deceased)
    2: Acornsoft (now deceased)
    3: Bethesda (Daggerfall, Morrowind, Skyrim)
    4: Origin Systems (Ultima I-IX)
    5: EA (for classics like EOS, Bards Tale I-III)

5. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Llamasoft - for thirty flipping years.
    I've been through a lot in 30 years and Jeff Minter has just always been there pumping out great arcade style games. Quite possibly my only Videogame hero. Legend!!

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Bethesda, Rockstar, Blizzard.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Telltale & Rockstar.

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I don't really partake in brand loyalty but rather go game to game, because times change, ownership changes, Boards of Trustees change, public opinion changes, etc etc.

Though one company I have huge admiration for is BioWare for their story department. Heck, my dream position is a writer with BioWare.

On mobile I have also liked the attitude of developers like Mika Mobile and to a lesser extent Rocketcat Games. Can't say there's anyone else that instantly comes to mind.

9. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i would agree with echo7 for the same reason which means i share a roughly same opinion with him somehow.
    i do prefer some game developers/companies than rest of them.
    but favourite? no.
    gameloft was indeed a good one but pirate ruined their classic business running model.
    in terms of bad developers, i would say ninetendo was a bad example. they occupied too much of living space by their comparative overpriced games and hardwares which leads to a disaster situation for other developers.
    luckily, market number these years shows that ninetendo is no more that charming as bad old days.
    but it's not enough, for everyone's sake, we need a even more weaker ninetendo for a brighter future .

10. Bulkypix
    Crescent Moons

11. Silvers

Silvers Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    For my adventure and hidden object adventure fix:

Big Fish
    G5 Entertainment
    Hullabu
    Alawar

For pick up and play games

Bulkypix
    Playrix
    Chillingo

For portable strategy

Slitherine
    Playdek

12. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Naughty Dog
    Rockstar
    ThatGameCompany
    Bullfrog
    Bitmap Brothers

13. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

Nintendo because they make amazing games and have good multiplayer (Mario kart, etc.). This makes their games fun and not forgetting that they make games that are only available on their consoles! Outstanding!

14. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #14 7lilwhitewolf7, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    Treasure
    Working Designs
    Konami
    SNK
    Capcom
    Foursaken
    Game Whizzez
    Mika Mobile
    Iskandar Inc.
    Sunny Tam
    Cave
    Mooff Games

Because there all fun games from Devz that seem 2 know what us gamerz want...