Battle Eternal II

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by trevorchandler, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    ok, thanks for answer ;)

2. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Awesome screens. Any news on a beta build? I am excited to try out this game

3. Whiteplayer3d

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
  4. trevorchandler

trevorchandler Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply

Hey All,

We will try to have a beta build this week, or next.

We are just about done with a 3D Virtual Chat world for Facebook, so as soon as that release is it, we will be 100% dedicated to BattlEternal.

At that point, expect things to start moving much more quickly.

Also - One super cool thing that you might be interested in (and it pays a little bit of money too!)

We need some voice actors. You don't have to be a pro, you just need a unique voice of some sort.
    We have spaces for ...

- Male Villagers (a bunch of different ones)
    - Female Villagers (a bunch of different ones)
    - Male Archer (Unique Hero)
    - Male Barbarian (Unique Hero)
    - Female Mage (Unique Hero)
    - Female Holy Warrior (Unique Hero)
    - Skeletons
    - Zombies
    - Dragons
    - Orcs
    - Ogres
    - Trolls
    - Demons
    - Narrator
    - Cave Beasts
    - And im sure a bunch more that I'm not remembering off the top of my head.

How to apply ...
    1. Record a clip of your voice and what you are voice acting for,
    For example ...
    Character: Female Villager
    Description: Villager cries and then says, weepingly, "The ogres came in the middle of the night and ate my homework, I fought them of so you are safe Teacher, but alas, now my homework is missing and I can't turn it in today!"

Or ...

Character: Zombie
    Description: In an indifferent voice, zombie says "Brains, Brains, I need Brains, to eat that is ..... bbrrrrraaaalllllggggggg!!!"

2. Send us the clip, or clips in a compressed format, (prefer mp3) to [email protected]

3. We will listen to every clip we get, and if we want to use you, we will send back some scripts of exactly what we want you to say.

4. Now, just record 2-3 of the requested items, and if we like it, we will send you back a full list of what we need, and how much we can pay for it, when we need it by, etc...

At that point, if everything seems ok to you, we will have you record and send the parts, and we will pay you for them, and you will be in the credits for voice acting!

Also, we will need to work with you to make sure you use the right programs, equipment, etc... so that the recordings sound high quality. If we really like what you do, and the parts you are chosen for are one of the main characters, etc... we will probably need to send you some equipment to borrow, most likely a microphone. We will send it to you, you can use it for the duration of the recordings, then we will pay for you to send it back. All that being said, if you are doing multiple characters, we will probably just give you the microphone to keep so we can use you again for one of the sequels, etc...

Thanks everyone, we are excited to give you all the opportunity to be even more a part of this game.

There will be a few more opportunities as well for more involvement, so stay tuned everyone, and thanks for your interest!

- Trevor

5. zippoz

zippoz Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    While i think the graphics are great, the environments are kind of clean and boring looking (imo), maybe you could add some stuff, or make them more interesting. Though i haven't seen enough of this game to say Its the case everywhere, those screens kinda made it seem that way.
    Putting aside all that I'm sure this game will be one of the most unique games on the app store, and a great game in general. :)

6. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply

Zippoz,

First of all, thank you for getting involved in our forum here, we appreciate your input.

Also, don't worry, these are the bare world graphics with nothing else added yet. There are many things everywhere in the game, so I'm sure you will find the final areas very interesting, well populated and enjoyable.

It's always a risk when a game company is willing to show the progress as it's being made, as it is goes along, instead of waiting until its just about release ready, but we believe it's worth it to get the input of the gamers that will play it to make sure it is the best gaming experience possible.

That being said, this is a great opportunity for us to get information at every step, for example, we would love to hear from you about your ideas.

What would you like to see in this town for you to really feel like the game is going to be something awesome to you?

Thanks for your input!

We really do want to hear from you,

Thanks again,

- Trevor

7. zippoz

zippoz Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Thanks for replying, this put some of my worries to rest :)
    One question about the npc's though; Are they just walking around or do you have some sort of scripting system, so they can be for excample chopping wood or talking to each other or repairing things in the environment etc?

8. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply

Zippoz,

As far as what the standard NPC does, which is different from monsters who have a giant set of attacks, spells, knockbacks, deaths, and much more, here is a list for the standard actions on non combat NPCs (that being said, they can fight, collapse, etc... also)

working
    idle
    talking
    working2
    waving
    walking
    fighting
    collapsing
    sitting
    sitting2
    eating
    running
    crying
    cheering
    jumping
    sleeping

This is just the basic set that every NPC inherits.

We will create whatever additional ones we need to make the game as immersive and character building as possible.

Already, we know we have some NPCs with custom actions that are far above and beyond the list above, and will continue to add as needed, but at a minimum, everyone gets the above.

Thanks again for writing,

Trevor

9. zippoz

zippoz Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
  10. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm really digging the direction of the game -

Thanks for sharing all of you output, and receiving input - thus far.

I've yet to see any areas populated with any npc characters though :confused:

11. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    More Screenshots For Battle Eternal

It's time for a few more sneak preview screen shots.

Here is an entryway into one of our dungeons:
    [​IMG]

A deadly dungeon cavern, who knows what evil lurks within?
    [​IMG]

12. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    Testing Opportunity

If anyone is interested in testing our web version of all the world content, please private message us, this includes the dungeons, towns, outlying areas, and other content. Content is mostly ready but not completely polished. We will send you all the information you need when we respond to your private message. Thank you for your interest and participation.

Here are a few more screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    More Screen Shots

Time for the Weekly Screen Shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check the forum for new pictures. Don't forget to private message us if you want to start testing out parts of the game.

14. zippoz

zippoz Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Can't wait much longer for this, please tell me it's coming out soon!
    With Skyrim releasing this week, my hype meter for this game has reached max :D

Sorry for bumping the thread :p

15. Whiteplayer3d

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    #115 Whiteplayer3d, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
    Game is only for iOS? :)
    ( My friend asks, he is Android user :) )

16. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Are there any new updates on this? It's just been a little while since we've gotten a new screen shot, so I was just wondering. Hopefully, you guys will be able to put together a gameplay video before too long! :D

17. Grummie

Grummie Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Mailman
    Australia
    This game has a new code name - Project dead

18. Platypus Studio

Jan 24, 2012
    Graphics are looking really nice on this one. Great job.

19. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Any updates on this project?

20. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing something new as well!! This project was looking awesome, but it's gone completely silent since last November. :(