Dream Zoo - Tips and Tricks (not for add me codes)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Nukie, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Kuthu

Kuthu New Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I have discovered that it is not necessary to move the animals away from the babies to accelerate them. Even if part of the baby is covered ,you only need to tap the sign board of the animal to speed it up. I hope u all find this useful. At least it puts an end to the endless tapping to move the parent away entirely, and also we can now easily accelerate those huge dinos

2. thumper300zx

thumper300zx New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    #22 thumper300zx, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
    Got suckered into this game to get COINS for HANGING WITH FRIENDS, and I ended up enjoying it (thought I'd hate it). I've been playing for two days, but through trial and error learned some tricks. HOWEVER, there is one trick that works better than anything -- by a LONG SHOT!!! This is a big time coin machine.

A category has 6 animals. Place them all together tightly.

Then, in a separate space, take one family of animals from this category. Build a huge area of ADDED SPACE around it.

You can build the space with 1x1 (15%), 2x1 (30%), and/or 4x4 (60%). Use only these (nothing lower, and don't pay a premium for 70%). They all have the same effect. If you have four 1x1's, it's 4 x 15%= 60%. Buy whatever is cheapest, unless you want a pretty zoo.

Using many different shapes, my new space totals the equivalent of 34 1x1 sections (34 x 15% = 510%!!!). I also attached an INFO booth for another 8%, and then surrounded the entire area with 1% path sections. With this method, you can also effectively use the jagged edges of the board -- just make sure the ADDED SPACE connects, and it will count toward your bonus! (I will post a screen shot of my NEWER set up in a few days).

[EDIT 3/8/2012] -- I've learned a bit more after having this setup for a bit. Though your zoo may not look totally awesome, create only a GIGANTIC field for the PLAINS animals. While other species may look to give more on the cash in, they a) don't cash in as often and b) cost way more to build a habitat for. So, just focus on making a HUGE plains area, and cash 'em in over and over and over. Then, once you develop the rest, you can sell off the plains and create nice habitats for the other animals. Also -- invest in several sets of Champion Rhinos -- they are low maintenance for the massive amount of cash you get. Sell them later.

This makes for clean, easy construction. If you use % bonuses around several animals, it actually dilutes the value (applies some % to each animal by it). It also takes up a lot of space. So, what you've done is put all the animals in one small spot, and then built a nice space next to them (separate) with a spot to move ONLY ONE of the animals into.

NOW THE FUN PART!!!!

When a family of animals is ready to be cashed, DON'T CASH IT -- FIRST, click MENU > MOVE. Then move them into your special spot, all alone. Click DONE. Once there, cash in that family. Then, click MENU > MOVE, move them back out, and put in the next family. You will get the bonus value even though the family hasn't resided within the area during the 'time waiting' period.

Everything and always get full value. Also means you don't have to be as vigilant cashing in. Just move them in as you have time.

You'll get efficient at moving them back and forth. When you cash one in, MENU > MOVE to move them, stay on move, move in the next family, click DONE, cash out, and repeat the process. The other nice thing, you can let a group of animals roam the large spot if you feel they need to stretch out :)

Here are some screen shots of how I had it set up (I have since streamlined it to make it easier to add the next sets of animals, and still have a cool looking zoo). I have just smashed all the animals together, surrounded them with a cheap fence to protect visitors (he he).

With the setup seen below, moving the Champion Rhino family from nothing to the special spot: 15339 to 91589. Gazelles from 245 to 1476. Cheetahs 1425 to 8455...etc. I have quickly been able to build up my WINTER animals just using the PLAINS setup. And already started cashing in on those, too!!! My Champion reindeer goes from 4454 to 12694. I only have the equivalent of 12 1x1 squares for it right now!!!

The bigger you make the area, the better. But don't run out of space to do it for all the other animals. You'll be making money REALLY fast using this method. Yeah -- pretty awesome (see note below screen shots):

STEP 1: Create large expanse (ADD SPACE) for a given group of animals (this example shows how you can cash in on GIRAFFE):

[​IMG]

STEP 2: Wait for cash out. Giraffe is ready .... DO NOT CASH OUT ..... YET !!!!!

[​IMG]

STEP 3: MENU > MOVE. See how Giraffe is worth before moving? Now, move Giraffe (or chosen animal) to cash out spot.

[​IMG]

STEP 4: SEE HOW MUCH MORE YOU GET for GIRAFFE!!! Click DONE when ready....

[​IMG]

STEP 5: Do your CHA-CHING!!! You get the new value, not the value shown before the move. The move back, and repeat process with new animal.

[​IMG]

Last -- help others. When visiting zoos, look for incomplete expansions first. They are typically on the outskirts (bottom, far left). Find those first -- click them twice (you get your two hearts), then go find two other things to help with and still earn coins. Help advance babies, then clean/feed, in that order. So, EXPANSIONS, BABIES, and then CLEAN FEED. Got it? Be helpful :)

One other tip, then I'm out -- visit zoos often and get a crap load of hearts. Always accept the free gifts afterward, and always give back. USE YOUR TON OF HEARTS to fix flat tires during Safaris. I have found you pretty much break even with money if you do this, so you can keep doing Safaris as long as you want. Just keep visiting other zoos for hearts. You'll get even more hearts after you come back and accept gifts.

3. Kuthu

Kuthu New Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Has anyone figured how many golden apples that yield zoo cash .can one get in a day?

4. CarmenDior

CarmenDior New Member

Mar 12, 2012
    When I leave my zoo to visit neighbors and come back, my coins decrease by like 30,000. Anybody know why this may be happening???

5. xsorelyx

xsorelyx New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    accepting gifts/requests

I have noticed that your inbox will only hold 25 requests at a time . If the inbox is full and any more requests come in, they will "push" out the earliest request and you will lose either gifts or requests. So if someone requested you as a neighbor or sent you a gift and you didnt get to it before you inbox was full, then you may have lost some requests. If it was a neighbor invitation, they will still have you as a neighbor but it will show that it is pending your acceptance. You however, will not be able to view them as neighbors. In order to avoid losing out, you cannot let your inbox get full.

6. SumDumZoo

SumDumZoo New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    I have emailed Zynga about this. They have told me this is a known issue and they are working on it apparently.I've lost way more then 30k though. I have lost millions of coins already from this bug. I have also lost hearts from doing the dino safari's and placing the animals, but nothing places. Have also bought expansions and they just disappear without actually expanding lol.

On a side note. Great, great post thumper300zx. :D

Anyone feel free to add me also. MZWOJE

7. bgstrom32

bgstrom32 New Member

Mar 15, 2012
    My girlfriend and I have been playing this game for a while. We read about maximizing bonuses by building out an area of all bonus land and moving your animals one at a time to cash out. We both did this and mine worked out well. My rhinos are bringing over $200,000. For some reason, hers maxes out at just over $53,000 and it doesn't go up anymore...no matter many more bonus lands you add. Does anyone have a clue why this is. I'm on a droid and she is on an iphone, but I don't see why that would be an issue. I have screen shots posted below. Any help would be great!

Attached Files:

8. SumDumZoo

SumDumZoo New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    #28 SumDumZoo, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
    Since they updated the game this evening. On Android anyway. I am having the same issue. My rhinos are giving me the same number that you posted in the pic. I read somewhere else before that there is a cap on the bonus. Only 250% But I couldn't seen it then. Maybe its working right now.

9. Troublevt

Troublevt New Member

Mar 21, 2012
    How can I add more cash quickly?

Need to add that third stork!

10. thumper300zx

thumper300zx New Member

Mar 6, 2012

The update ruined the coins -- i emailed about it and they didn't give me a straight answer. If you go to MOVE MODE after update, and select a piece of ADD ON land, you'll see it's not reporting the bonus on animals correctly.

You can go up to 1000% in the previous version...so Rhinos are 15300 or so normally, you can get 153,000 out of them (if you move them into a dedicated space that multiplies value by 1000%). I backed up my installation before the update (Titanium backup) and was able to restore to the old version -- it fixed the problem.

I won't be going back to new version until I have ALL CHAMPION families paid for, and probably will wait a few weeks so I can build up a crap load of coins before updating.

I currently have 15 families of all champion Rhinos that make me 153,000 x 15 every 14 hours (I think that's the interval). Barely paying for expansions at this point -- and I hate how if you get an expansion for one little corner left over, you pay full price. I should make you only pay a fraction of the cost.

11. thumper300zx

thumper300zx New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Well -- Zynga has forced an update -- I can no longer play the game as version 1.1.5. They require upgrade (which is now 1.1.7 after 1.1.6 blew up in everyone's face).

The bonus per animal (with add-on land and path) is limited to exactly 3.5x (350%) of the original value. I had built up most my habitats to be 1000% (10x). Rhinos once worth about 15,000 are now limited to only about 50,000. This means, effectively, the pace of earning coins is reduced by almost 66%.

My next expansion is going to cost over 2.5 million coins -- and now, it will probably take a full day (or more) just to get enough to pay for it. AND, that expansion will only be able to fill a small void of 1, 3, 7, or 10 small squares since I've filled all the full sized portions.

Not worth it if they're gonna keep it like this. I spent a lot of coins and time building these nice 10x habitats -- now it's all useless with the 3.5 cap.

12. LoriinTaylor

LoriinTaylor New Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Expanding issues!

Okay so I've been expanding my zoo and sometimes when I get to the edge near the water or the other side it is not big enough for the whole square to fit so I can expand my zoo to that point so what I can't use this piece of land? Is there anyway I can?

13. DEZIRE

DEZIRE New Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Добавте меня, мой код! yjhfck

14. Kuthu

Kuthu New Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Not being able to load dreamzoo

Since yesterday I have been encountering problems in loading dream zoo.Has anyone else faced the problem. It all started after there was notification of the new ocean habitat being launched soon. I have force shut and restarted the game but c
    Just cannot get in. And even if I do the moment I start collecting or doing something the game shuts off! Any suggestions .pls help.

15. hjc218

hjc218 New Member

Mar 27, 2012
    How to get multiple rhinos....?
    I have seen zoos having multiple champion rhinos but alone... That is without mate. I breed champion rhinos but once they get champion kid, it cannot be further promoted. Thus leaving me with 3 rhinos which are 2 adult and 1 kid.
    Someone please help. I need to have many rhinos and alone...
    Waiting for your replies....

16. homieta

homieta New Member

Apr 3, 2012

My understanding is that when a visitor views your zoo, they only see one animal per plot regardless of whether or not you have 1, 2, or 3 animals on that plot. I've seen all of the animals be loaded when I have visited a zoo before but that has not been the norm.

After you've upgraded your Rhinos to 2 Champion parents and 1 Champion child, you can add another plot of Rhinos. Then, you will need to upgrade this new family of Rhinos to 2 Champion parents and 1 Champion child before you can add a third plot of Rhinos.

17. hjc218

hjc218 New Member

Mar 27, 2012

Ok thanx... =)

18. Retfam

Retfam New Member

May 6, 2012
    Single Champion Animals

When I go visit other zoos I notice the good ones have all single champion animals. My zoo have 2 adults and 1 baby. Is it better to have just 1 champion?

My second question is how in the world do you earn cash?

19. mnmott

mnmott New Member

May 16, 2012
  20. mnmott

mnmott New Member

May 16, 2012