Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    @JBRUU,
    By the end of December we will release the final gameplay video with the final release date but it wont be too far from it. ;)

2. LanceAvion

LanceAvion Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    #2142 LanceAvion, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    I second this. I'm sure the 4th generation devices can run the game, it just won't look as pretty. So what I really want to see is a gameplay video which shows the graphics/performance of the A4, A5, and A6 devices separately.

Oh I second this.

3. Shirflex

Shirflex Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    tatoforever. can you tell us how much gameplay time will FM offer us? or if you are planning to release further extensions..

4. jujumafon

jujumafon Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Hey Tato, what can you tell us about the enemy variety ? I guess we have seen just a few until now, from what's really waiting for us.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    There is a huge variety ;)

6. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I can't wait to play this game. I wonder how it will work on my iPad 4. Gonna follow this thread everyday till it is released.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #2147 Vovin, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012

No. You've said:

"This game WILL NOT HAPPEN"
    "It's one big hoax."
    "Your all getting excited for nothing"

Clearly, three statements - which turned into "facts" as soon as you wrote them.

"I say this game WILL NOT HAPPEN"
    "I guess it's one big hoax."
    "I think you're all getting excited for nothing"

would be perfect examples for an opinion.

8. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I need some gameplay video to make sure the game is ongoing! Haha

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    There is absolutely no doubt about this game.
    I don't quite understand why this thing started at all.
    Even Apple is interested in Forgotten Memories because it will be an excellent showcase for their devices.
    Plus it's using Unity 4 which a lot don't have access to yet.

The thread is going so long because Tato has been good enough to engage with the community and give us info that he is not sharing anywhere else.
    Something I'm thankful that he is good enough to do and a lot of developers wouldn't bother with.

So, its taking time to develop, so what. There's never a time when we here are out of the loop and we are always kept up to date. And the amount of time is simply a reflection of how much effort is going in to it and the desire to get the game just right.

Show some respect by actually believing Tato. Developer participation is the only reason I'm on this forum at all and I would rather not see people drive them away by some of the ridiculous posts going on lately.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #2150 JBRUU, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    :rolleyes: how about you check all the videos on the first page?

I thought that they were using their own heavily modified engine based off of unity.

TA stopped being relaxing, eh?

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yeah, heavily modified but the basis is unity 4 to what I can gather.
    But yes, a modified version.

Yeah, a bit less relaxing.

12. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Anything new on that one? Tato hasn't been here for a long time...

13. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    i have two question:

how much will cost this game? 9.99$ or lower?

will this game suport iphone4 100%?

14. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    I believe it's going to cost $59.99

15. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Before being a daily programmer, I'm a community guy, I like to hang out here and see what people do with their mobile games (even if you don't see me posting) and would like to be part of their lives with this game. We want to share our progress but we can't simply share everything in detail otherwise when the game came out you already know it from start to finish (which is a bad idea). :eek:
    Even if there's some people that criticizes our game without any real proof, I still love toucharcade forums and I'll keep coming with updates because this is my favorite mobile userbase. :)
    And yes, the rendering part of our game is completely custom (well, almost everything is custom). We work privately with Unity devs on alpha and beta phases (I've also got access to future non-alpha versions of Unity which I've signed an NDA for). We have custom editor tools to create quests, items, dialogues, etc. Our gameplay and interaction is smooth, organic and very hard to predict (that also adds quite a lot of re-playability values at the roots). We've developed a sort of survival horror framework. I called it FOG (which stands for Fear Oriented Gameplay), so prepare to be scared.
    Forgotten Memories storyline really means something. It's deep, it's powerful but most of all, it have a real soul (something that modern game design have completely forgot). Forgotten Memories plot is tightly connected with real human history events. I can't say what it is right now but the plot have real values for all of you. I'm telling you, you will fall in love with, you'll never forget.

The Psychiatric Hospital featured in FM, is in fact Walker's gigantic Mansion that later became Walker's Asylum. You will feel at home! :eek::D

I've scattered some WIP images for you guys.
    More stuff soon. :)
    Enjoy!

Attached Files:

16. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Bonus: :)

Attached Files:

17. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    tato u gonna release the 3gs version along with the 4s and 5 version?

18. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    @tato, it looks awesome keep up the good work!

19. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Sounds awesome Tato! So did you guys write the story text or did you get a native English speaker to write it? Don't get me wrong - your English is really good, but occasional grammar/spelling mistakes can reduce the sense of immersion, which is obviously really important for a game like this.

20. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    The story is written by us but corrected, revised and translated by a tiers studio (specialized in all kind of gaming translation). Also, there's Apple that is double-checking all that stuff with us.
    So don't worry. :)