Universal FINAL FANTASY IV - (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Like I said a few posts back, FF4 still has a great storyline and narrative despite being a remake.

2. X6m

X6m Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Can someone explain to me how you navigate the maps in this game, I always get lost and run into a bunch of random battles that kill me.

3. Shane Turner

Shane Turner Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Montreal
    Plays just fine on my iPad 2. I could see navigating the battle menus being slightly tricky on a smaller screen.

Off to Troia now! :D

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Is the game much easier on the normal difficulty level, as in being able to just leave it on auto combat while watching tv?

Still haven't returned to FFIV, plowing through my iPad games to make space...

5. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    Frickking augments. I absolutely *hate* auto-potion. Now discovered there doesn't seem to be any way to stop the ability from activating - which means finding a save point before the point I assigned it to Cecil.

6. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    #206 Pooter, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    You can take auto potion off in the Abilities menu.

Abilities > Character > Auto Potion > Blank Slot.

Would have been nice if it kicked on only when I hit low health.

7. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I started on hard and I pretty much Auto everything so I'm sure Normal is easy mode.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't even want to know how horribly blurry the 2D version would look stretched over a retina iPad screen. If it's anything like Tactics, I wouldn't bother downloading it for free.

9. dbooster

dbooster New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Japanese and English?

Does anyone know if the app contains both Japanese and English? In FF1 and 2, if you changed the language settings of your iPad, the game language changed.

I'm curious because I have enough credit in the Japanese iTunes store to buy this, but if it doesn't come with the English then I'm in trouble. My Japanese is good enough to understand some of the simpler dialogue in FF1 & 2, but FF4 is a bit more of a challenge (I've tried with the DS version...). Otherwise I will have to wait till my new credit card comes before I can buy the US version from the US store.

10. Snacks48

Snacks48 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I checked and there is no language settings option. You could always just buy a iTunes gift card to purchase apps instead of a credit card.

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #211 L.Lawliet, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    Does anyone know where the Curse Augment is? I've been looking forever on the mountain. I won't say anything storywise but if you've played it before it's supposed to be on the mountain but I've been scouring the summit for a long time now and nothing shiny at all.

edit: Nevermind. It wasn't on the summit it was on the crossing :l

12. Part 2 of my video walkthrough for ff4. More tomorrow. Also Merry Christmas/Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I realize this is a couple days overdue, but YES. I loved vagrant story.

14. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Since this has become a SquareEnix wishlist, I vote for Xenogears.

15. ioahaij

ioahaij Active Member

Apr 11, 2011
    i played the DS version but didnt managed to finished it. should i get this and finish it once and for all?

16. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Only if you can take playing through the story until where you left off on your DS. Why not just finish it on your DS and buy Final Fantasy Dimensions?

17. Edenbeast

Edenbeast Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Poland
    Hey guys how to use a Bow and arrow in this version ? Currently got Cid, Tellah, Cecil, Yang and i'm going to that magnetic cave.

18. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Game just crashed on me 3x today, from the quest where you get Yang up to the town with the guys who look like Vivi. 3x in that stretch. Hope the devs fix it, kinda annoying to repeat a dungeon because of this

19. Johnny1st

Johnny1st Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Yeah, Xenogears is the best game ever made.

20. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Heads up anyone who plays FreeAppSlots they are offering FFIV for 65k credits which works out at around $5. Grab the codes whilst they last.