Need a case - iPad mini Retina

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jorlen, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Man, I hate shopping for cases.

Most of them just seem like wallet-rape. But, having ordered my fair share of El Cheapo cases from Ebay (i.e. low-cost china stuff) I am tired of crap quality and want to invest in a good case for once.

So, here's where you guys come in, hopefully to the rescue.

The only one I keep coming back to is the Moshi VersaCoveR (linky here).

My beef? it'll cost me like $80 with shipping and taxes. There are no reliable canadian stores that can ship this, I've looked. And I don't trust amazon.ca 3rd party sellers, been stung before. I suppose I could try Ebay, but still. $80 for a freggin case? I really want something EXACTLY like this though. That is, something that protects the back, is very light and thin, and also has the front flap that snaps to the back (magnetic or otherwise) when you fold it over, or can be easily removed.

Thoughts?

Right now I'm using an el-cheapo skin that has no screen protection and that's no good if I throw it in my travel bag.

2. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I have a mini retina and I use a 7 dollar skin for the back and the Apple Smart Cover for iPad mini to protect the screen and it works great.

3. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    How about the product red case for it?

4. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Ended up finding a good deal on a local Moshi Versacover and got that. $50.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

5. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Saddleback Leather. Google them and check out the iPad cases.

6. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I just like rubbery silicone cases. I bought one for like $5 for my iPhone and it's saved my iPhone from so many drops..
    I don't want some bulky otterbox on all my devices, I'd rather just pay a few bucks for a rubbery one, but that's just me..