Universal TriBlaster (By Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by drdeniz79, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Just made it to level 36, with 306,000.

I just wanted to point out that this game looks really damn good! For an arcade game, this is beautiful. The real time shadows are phenomenal, and the bonus stage looks fantastic, especially the boss

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I didn't get the extra life at the bonus stage 35, three times in a row.
    Am i the only one ? (Reboot etc. did not help)

3. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Happened to me as well

4. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Thanks, good (bad) to know. This happend on my iphone5. A few minutes ago, i fired it up on my ipad mini retina (yikes, gorgeous looking) and here i received the extra life on my first go...hmm.

5. iandunlop_oeFun

iandunlop_oeFun Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    President of oeFun, Inc.
    Austin, TX
    You'll only get the extra life if your power bar is maxed out when you collect the fifth power crystal, otherwise it refills your power bar. Also, the game caps your life count at nine lives.

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Ahh ok makes sense, because I noticed it filled my power bar

7. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    #87 Qwertz555, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    Thank you, i noticed that when i played the next game.

Last week, i only bought Glorkian Warrior and i was so absorbed with it until the following (this) grand release day. I really thought, that's it for the next few weeks or even months with such a great and addicting skill based (no iap crap pay to win humbug) shooter.

Congrats Devs !
    Your game hits me right in the exact same spot. Must have spent over twelve hours, already, and no end in sight...maybe...because i can't pass level 47, the "spiral" where you move inside. I get all dizzy and lose control over my ship. Think of a Brick Breaker game where you catch the bad power-up, move left but the bar would move right. With only one or two lives left, no chance.
    Currently number three on the leaderboard with about eleven hundred players, and i didn't even pass level 50 where i could start off the next bundle of 25 stages after my death.

Any chance to have a mode that allows us to exercise with unlimited lives (no leaderboard of course), or make the bundles smaller (10-15 levels maybe) or the same, smaller but you can start with the maximum of nine lives with a new easy leaderboard ? You got me, somehow ?

Edit: forgot to mention that i start at level 25 with four lives. Starting from the beginning gets a bit boring due to no challenge no more

8. iandunlop_oeFun

Jun 17, 2012
    President of oeFun, Inc.
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the info and feedback! I am planning / working on adding some tweaks and investigating a good way to add more frequent check points.

9. I am having a good time with this game, especially in the higher levels. My suggestion might be to have checkpoints for every 10 levels instead of 25, this will help gamers get to the higher levels so they can enjoy the upper levels faster.

Also, if there is anyway to implement instantaneous relative touch control (like a shmup), that would be cool too, though this maybe hard.

Thanks! :)

10. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Wohooo finally did it ! What a big hurdle this level 47 (and 48) was for me, deep deep phew. I had nine lives to start level 45 and when i reached the recharge-level i was down to one. And right after it seemed like a walk in the park to reach level 75, incredible. (Nice to see a recharge possibility after each level from here on, at least to level 81 which i reached before i died)

Still thinking that you have to cut down the restart levels to 10/15 so that more players have the chance to see the later levels which get super intense.

Easily my GOTW.

11. iandunlop_oeFun

Jun 17, 2012
    President of oeFun, Inc.
    Austin, TX
    Nice! FYI, working on an update to improve the checkpoints.

Hey, so what was your score?

12. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    My score was some to 1.6 mill, now 1.73 mill at level 85.

Whenever i listen to the track at the menu screen, i wish i had the option too while playing the game. With a volume slider of course. Man can dream.

13. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    #93 Chq, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Nice game. We played Tempest X3 over years! Some small things:

1. The "beam" button seems to be too small for me

2. The intro takes much too long

3. Would be nice, if a small short swipe to the left would cause the ship to move one field to the left.

4. The surreal specialstages of Tempest X3 were extremely cool. These stages felt better than the "boss-stages" in Triblaster.

5. Music is missing.

6. Sometimes there is a bug while starting Triblaster. Then the beginning of a level is repeadingly looping itself (iPhone4).

Importance of these points:

4, 4, 4, 2, 3, 5, 1, 6.

Maybe you..?

Greetz Chris

Edit: 444444! #

14. iandunlop_oeFun

Jun 17, 2012
    President of oeFun, Inc.
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the feedback!

15. iandunlop_oeFun

Jun 17, 2012
    President of oeFun, Inc.
    Austin, TX
    TriBlaster3 is now available

TriBlaster is no longer published By BulkyPix. It is now published by the developer (myself) under oeFun, Inc.

I've just released a free update to it.

Please see the new thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=271589

Thanks!

16. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I only just recently picked it up (pre-update) and was enjoying it. After the update, moving seems sticky somehow. Before the update I reached level 10 without losing a life. After the update, I lost two lives on level two, and spent a lot of time stuck on the sides. I'm playing on an iPad Air running iOS 9.