Universal Shadow Fight 2 (by Nekki)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Shadow Fight 2 is the best IOS fighting game I've ever played. Maybe not the best mechanically, other games probably have more depth and more complex combat

But visually, stylistically, in terms of animations and making you feel like a martial arts badass, nothing else comes close.

Yes, it's freemium and that will piss me off later, but I'm willing to grind when a game is this much fun.

2. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Have you fought Lynx yet? That will either make or break your opinion of this game.

3. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Got any tips for Hermit? He's ridiculous...he usually just sends 3 projectiles at me immediately, with no time to dodge between any of them. The first 2 leave me with a sliver of health, the last finishes me.

4. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013

Play Kinetic Damage and watch your opinion change.
    That is THE iOS fighting game. This is a poor example.

5. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Until they don't add MFi controller support, I won't be touching this game.

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    They complement each other very well, and had it not been for the freemium mechanics and associated limitations imposed upon Shadow Fight 2, I would have been hard pressed to choose between the two. SF2 fighting engine has plenty of strengths over Kinetic Damage, and the other way around.

(Shadow Fight 2 is also, by far, the most realistic fighting game for the platform, something that endears it especially to a real-life fighter such as me, since the strategy, counters, reflexive actions and principles I rely on in-game corresponds surprisingly well to a real-life sparring match. As a result, fighting in SF2 becomes a very intuitive affair, more so than any other fighting game for iOS.)

7. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    No one mess with this guy, he is deadly.

8. Rennerd

Rennerd Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    The opening cutscene was great, too bad I couldn't get past it. =/

9. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    i love the music.. is there a soundtrack for this game?

10. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    i have defeated widow, what then? do i have to wait for an update?? oh man..

11. Wingy

Wingy Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Hi thought I ask if anyone has got that far but I am on iron reign challenge 16 where any damage u dealt is returned to you. Hence I cannot figure out how to win. Any ideas guys as it's so frustrating.

Thanks.

12. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    So the App Store reviews seem to indicate that the game gets way harder after the Shogun update?

13. EaglesFan78

EaglesFan78 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I saw that. People are saying how the AI got a lot more aggressive. I haven't really noticed it except for survival, where every once in a while I get to half health at the first enemy somehow.

I'm only on the third stage, but based on the reviews, I'm not looking forward to the later portions of the game. Before the update, I was stuck on the challenge that made you lose if you fell. I was so upgraded that it was marked as easy in the difficulty. I never was able to beat it twice in the same match to pass it. A good thing in the update made it so you only had to win one round, which helped me get through it.

Another thing the update brought was the ability to buy upgrades for old weapons with gold, so that's good too.

14. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I liked this game at first, but I don't like how opponents get easier as you upgrade your items... Its not you getting better its just them getting easier. It makes it feel as if the game is cheating and the fact that its freemium emphasizes that idea more. The mechanic just seems cheap. Which IMO is not the direction that freemium game should be headed towards. But the game has been successful, so who am I to judge. I just wish they had a better model, as I kept moving up the game became a chore rather than entertainment.

15. EaglesFan78

EaglesFan78 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yeah I'm playing pretty much for the next weapon. Some of them are the same, like the staffs, but generally there are a lot of new weapons that are pretty fun to play. And if there's a weapon you don't like, like the axes for me, you just have to level up once and you're done with it.

16. Kirito8686

Kirito8686 New Member

Jul 21, 2014
    That damage Tho

My problem is if he even so much as gets one hit in on me, I'm either isnta-dead, or majorly damaged AND lose my weapons. On the other hand, when he throws me, he takes a good 1/3 of my health away, so I can't get more than one KO without losing 2 rounds before, and it's starting to get frustrating... :mad::mad:

17. edwin.ramirez

edwin.ramirez Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Wow, the costs for upgrading things gets really high on act 2.
    Upgrading my tonfas to lvl 9 requires 14k or 34 gems. My armor 8k and helmet another 8k.
    All fights appear as "impossible" to me. I only got like 24 gems saved throughout all I've played and it seems thank I'm going to have to grind for hours just to upgrade anything from now on.

18. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Yeah pretty much. If you have the no damage blocka buff then you get it easy. Plus you get almost over 1k coin survial if you get level 7-8.

19. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    I would say the only 2 things i dislike about this game are

1) the at ease the ai has to throw the player. Most the time i try i end up throwing elbows or knees. Er

2) the way the ai phases/fast blocks a hit. Ai throws a punch and then i do a sec after and its blocked. That or a movemt they do they they fly through me as i attack but when i do it im hit. Im sure its timing thing but still bs.

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thrown weapons and magic are really the worst things to happen to Shadow Fight 2. With the relatively little skill in their application, and the way the AI relies on them to maintain difficulty in fights (by using vastly overpowered thrown weapons and spells, sometimes easily capable of reducing player health by more than 50% from just one or two attacks), they quickly become the antithesis of the otherwise very skill-based and precise fighting system.