Battleheart Legacy or Wayward Souls?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by WillCN, May 29, 2014.

1. WillCN

WillCN Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2013
    I really want both but only have enough money for 1. Which one should I buy?

2. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    They are different games. WS is more of a test of frustration in my opinion. If you dedicate yourself you can progress but its very hard and its probably rewarding, but I never got past the first zone and I loved and beat mage gauntlet. So your experience could be the same or totally different than mine. There are multiple classes but only 1 of them even felt playable (warrior), but then again plenty of people have had success with all the classes.

BHL is more of a standard rpg experience, you level up, customize skills and progress. Its also pretty tough but you can grind and get stronger wich is most of the fun in these kinds of games anyway. Tons of loot and a lot of skills that are actually good and meaningful for all the classes (9 or so!) plus you mix and match class skills and its actually beneficial and not just gimping yourself like other games with hybrid classes.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Do you play RPGs on your PC or console?

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Montanx's comments are spot on. I prefer Battleheart Legacy as I find it to be much more accessible. Both games are fantastic, so it comes down to your preference of game style.

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    No! You haven't played BHL! :p

6. LexiusCross

LexiusCross Active Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Wayward Souls is a great game, I spent hours on it. It might be difficult to get addicted, but it's a good game to pass the time.
    I currently have maxed 3 characters and I'm still playing it. Not everyday but always a pleasure to have by hand. I certainly played it for almost 40 hours. Really. Lot of things to do

Battleheart Legacy is even better, the game really is awesome, but too short.
    I harcore played on it and finished the game on 8 hours. Of course, I still have some things to do such as learn all skills, find best equipment in arena and stuff but that's all. I already finished it. Lack of content imo

So, yeah BHL>Wayward Souls. BHL is much more addicting
    BUT
    WAyward Souls>BHL on Duration

7. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #8 tops2, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
    I pretty much echo what everyone said.

Battle Heart Legacy is way more accessible and feels more like an rpg complete with loot and a lot of skills. The controls are easy to get into and I can activate the skills when I want to. It's easier to "progress" in the game.

Wayward Souls is to me, more about the repetition and practice and slowly pushing further and further. The difficulty is high..and I'm guessing most people will not be able to make it past the first dungeon and just give up on the game. This game isn't as accessible.

It's just me maybe..but I just have a very hard time with the controls for Wayward Soul (and Mage Gauntlet even though I did eventually beat Mage Gauntlet). Despite trying both options, I just find the movement controls utterly frustrating to use as I just can't control the direction I want to face *reliably*. I always wish Rocketcat can include a fixed dPad.. This said..I generally have no problem with virtual controls. I have no problem using the virtual controls in dual stick shooters (ie, for instance, the controls in dual stick games from Radiangames like JoyJoy or Ballistic are spot on and I never feel like I'm struggling with the controls). If I could just click with the controls here, then I'll probably enjoy Wayward Souls more.

Well, I guess long story short:

If you want a difficult game where you pretty much play the same level over and over and over and slowly progress with no loot...then go with Wayward Souls. It's very rewarding when you do progress.

If you want a still a difficult game..but has a lot of loot..mix and matching different classes and skills to use...lots of maps ..and more of a rpg..then get Battle Heart Legacy.

8. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Battleheart hands down! The above post explains it all! So much time and care has gone into it. Best RPG in the appstore :) but it isn't a rogue like if thats what you're expecting