Content Creators

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Gameloft_Ryan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Hey Touch Arcade - Just wanted to make a post about the recent copyright claims issues a lot of gaming YouTube channels are facing. This post pertains mainly to content creators who cover Gameloft titles, since that's where I work :p

If anyone in the TA community gets a copyright claim on a video they did that is related to Gameloft, please feel free to contest that claim, PM me and then together we can work on getting the claim lifted. We are definitely pro-content creation, it's a big part of my day and I love checking it out. We want you all to have the freedom to continue to make content about our games and share it with other gamers. So, like I said, contact me if you have any issues with Gameloft related content!

TL;DR Got copyright issues with Gameloft content on YouTube? Contest it and PM me.

2. Are the complaints toward gameplay videos, reviews, or something else?

3. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Based on everything that we've been seeing it's pretty all encompassing for video game content. We aren't sure what's causing it but this is mainly to let people know that they can reach out to us and we will help them with YouTube issues if the need arises.

4. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    #4 HansKaosu, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Its really sad to see hard working YouTubers having their livelihood threatened by something like this.. hope they fix things

5. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Hopefully so but in the mean time we will be doing our best to make sure creators can make hassle-free content and will do everything in our power to assist them!

6. HansKaosu

Nov 19, 2013
    Worth a watch

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Glad to see that Gameloft is on the side of the angels on this one. Thanks!

8. HansKaosu

Nov 19, 2013
    Mostly YouTube and Nintendo that is not playing ball in this whole mess.

9. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    No problem! We really are big fans of people who put time and effort into awesome content and it's only fair that we help them out!

There are a lot of issues with music copyrights at play too, which is why a lot of video game channels are affected.

10. HansKaosu

Nov 19, 2013
    #10 HansKaosu, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    From all the videos and discussion iv read this is my understanding of what is happening.

Basically since Google bought YouTube and added the content id system.. copyright holders have been uploading their content to the system left and right without understanding what its all about.

As YouTube grows MCNs are formed (Multi channel networks) and people sign up to them to be protected from copyright flagging and such..

MCNs where to manage their channels to keep it clean of copyright.

Then years later-- NMPA sues Fullscreen (a MCN) for copyright infringement, bringing the company to court primarily over the distribution of unlicensed cover song videos.

and now it seems many companies are trying to take advantage of the whole mess.. like Indimusic and tunecore.

YouTube goes rampant and activates the time bomb a head of time that auto flags pretty much anything that matches anything from the content id system (even for defunct companies). More changes coming in 2014.

Music stands out as its pretty easy to content match and trailers/video clips.

Not to mention the shady dealings by those MCNs trying to trick people into signing new contracts before all this went down and then demoting them to affiliate.. basically means they are now a normal user and not protected to the content id ststem.. (this is what affiliates been yelling about on youtube)