Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Camzy,
    That Dream Machine and Weapon303 combo is pretty great...was able to get the six power needed to slay the Rat King (and all his little friends too).

2. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    guys, i might be a little late but happy to report that i've purchased both SoS and the promo packs. once our current game concludes... pls hit me up with the new expansion included.. :) can't wait to play with y'all

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I am absolutely loving SoS. The Next Game button makes life a lot easier too. Great update! Now onto Summoner Wars and Nightfall's first expansion :D

4. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Updated and bought SoS and Promo pack and can only say Best.Update.EVER!

5. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Great first game! Thanks, it's really like a brand new game with this update! I just encountered the rat king in another game, what an awesome concept! Loving the new cards, new resources to "save up" with the trophies.

6. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Which is the best way to play: CoTG/SoS or RoTF/SoS?
    What do you guys prefer?

Loving all the new cards.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    For some reason on my iPad 2 the Play Online button is enabled as soon as the game launches, but tapping it brings up a message saying you need to be logged into GC to play online, while on my iPhone 4 it still works like before, with the Play Online button *disabled* until GC logs in. I prefer it like the latter. Anyone else seeing this issue? It's minor, but slightly annoying.

I also ran into a problem playing vs. CPU. I was playing a 3 player game (2 CPU players) and about halfway through, the 2nd CPU started taking a ridiculous amount of time to take their turn. They'd play a card, then perhaps 10 seconds pass, then it played another card, etc. I found that if I quit out of the game and then went back in it would speed up, but only until their next turn. However after that game was over, I played another and this didn't happen. Weird.

Other then these issues, though, the update's improvements and the expansions are great. I got SoS and the Promo pack.

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Great, great update. If only we could have push notifications that bring us directly into the relevant match, and adjustable honor points in online matches, I'm set för quite some time :)

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Another great update from Playdek.
    Feels like a brand new game.
    Bought both the expansion and the promo cards (just to support, I do not even know what they are).

I loved Nightfall (after getting the hang of it) but I must confess that this update renewed my unconditional love for Ascension.

10. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Haha you blew away so far ahead on that game. I barely knew what I was doing half the time, but I'm getting the hang of how to manage runes and power on SoS now.

11. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    I have to say, I think Ascension is one of the best supported card games for iOS; Cabals and Shadow Era are pretty good in that area, too. One thing I have not seen in any card game yet is the ability to browse cards in fullscreen mode on the iPhone. It's a shame all that great artwork cannot be fully appreciated; same goes for Cabals and Shadow Era.

I know it's not a major priority, but please can we have fullscreen display of cards in a future update. Apart from showing off the artwork, it would also make the flavour text easier to read.

12. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I've noticed the same issue when playing the AI. Happens to me towards the end of the game on the last turn or two. The CPU takes forever to play each card. Feels almost like the app is jamming up or something. Other than that it's an awesome update and the new deck is great!

13. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Assassin's Creed: Recollection does just this (and also incidentally happens to be well supported) :)

But yes, Playdeck really inspire trust in their products and the support they offer already launched card games. As a result, I feel supremely confident in investing in any game they might release, as I know they will expand the scope continously.

14. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Playdek has earned true day one purchase for me. It's funny how the cost of ios products melts into the background when there is such a high quality product. Not to say this is expensive at all, compared to the physical version, it's peanuts, but some people get bent out of shape if something costs more than 99c.

15. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Actually I have been setting up dual games with my regular opponents: CoTG/RotF + Promo and RotF/SoS + Promo.

16. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I cant buy any of the new IAPs since the update, but i bought RotF just fine when it came out a few months ago. I can press the buy button, and it turns yellow, but nothing happens after that.

Ios 5.0.1, ipod touch 3....doh :(

17. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Got IAP Purchases turned Off in Restriction Settings ?

18. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Deleting and reinstalling app worked. Wierd, but happy. :D

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Gary Weis explained this over on BGG:

So I guess it is a combination of server limitations and how SoS's new fun tweaks would get WAAAAY to watered down to mean anything if you could combine all 3.

20. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    All I can say is MTG 2013 will have to meet some really high expectations set by Playdek. With each update Playdek only sets the bar higher. SoS is ridiculously good and beautifully implemented. I'm much more hyped for their upcoming games than Duels.