Evolution Prize - A crowd-sourcing app which runs when you sleep!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Clockworkapps, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Clockworkapps

Clockworkapps Well-Known Member

#1 Clockworkapps, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    Helping Hospitals and Winning a Million Dollars just got so easy you can do it in your sleep.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Clockworkapps

Thanks to the Mod for allowing the better title.

3. Clockworkapps

4. Clockworkapps

Just changed the app to be free!!!!

5. sunaitis

sunaitis Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Teacher Trainer
    Finland
    I got my lottery ticket for 1 dollar Jan 22. For me the price of the app was not an issue, and the prize was not the motivator. The possibility of being able to participate in potentially helping to solve a real life problem was what made me join. I remember how thrilled I was years ago, when home pc:s searched for extraterrestial inteligence " in their spare time". Evolution Prize reminds me of that pursuit.

I thought I'd write something here when I have used the app for a while, and could share some experiences. Well, I have had it for a month now and still have very little to say. In the settings I allowed the app to run even when the iPad is not on charger and lowered the battery requirement to 2%. Even so I think it is not running all the spare moments. (In the log there can be several days with no mention and first when I go to the app, there is the text "restarted, we got power". In the status-page my result is "still waiting"). What am I doing wrong? Should I always deliberately start the app, when my iPad is idle? What settings do you recommend (e.g. population size and individual size)? I really like the concept and would love to be able to provide my iPad's idle time for a good cause!

We still have 39 days to go, and the app is free now, so I strongly urge you all to download it, and be part of the search for a better healthcare solution!

6. Clockworkapps

Must run in Foreground

Hi Sunaitis

Thanks for your feedback. Yes I am afraid you have to run the app manually every time you want to do some processing. Apple doesn't allow apps to run in background (except for a few limited types of apps, and for good reason imagine how things would be if every second app was running in background and confusing everything...).

The app is really designed to run when you are recharging your iDevice which for many people that is overnight. In the settings section you can setup a notification to remind you when to run the app at a given time (for example at 11pm when you usually go to sleep).

I hope that helps and good luck with your evolving.....

Tony