would this app get approved?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by JamesFoote, Oct 19, 2009.

1. JamesFoote

JamesFoote Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I had a cool idea for an app that would contain a large list of artist names, album titles, and each song within them. Tapping on a song would bring you to a YouTube video of that song.

So it's sort of a streaming app. I'm just wondering if you guys think it would be approved.

2. Real Racing Fan

Real Racing Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I wish
    THE MATRIX
    Probably, it's basically the same as midomi and shazam.

3. JamesFoote

JamesFoote Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Thanks, I just though that it was a pretty cool, yet simple concept.

It would be a way to legally listen to any song you want for free, without a hassle.

Could you see it getting any attention on the store?

4. mikabast

mikabast Well-Known Member

If for example one of the track titles contains the F word you can still be rejected because of this.

5. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    Hmm… could work. How do you intend to compile a list of all the artists and albums and their relevant links - manually?

6. JamesFoote

JamesFoote Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Yes, that would be the tricky part. Iy would probably include a couple dozen of the most popular artists.

7. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Huh isn't the internet a much simpler method?... Just google and listen to a song you want o_O
    iPhone requires wifi, and your app would only include a few artists based on your own preferences, I don't predict much attention or use for an app like that, unless it has a humongous database of every single song in every single localized iTunes or something.