YOUR Game Ideas :)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iReview, Jul 14, 2009.

1. iReview

iReview Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    I didn't really find a thread, quite like this.
    And yes, I searched.
    I'm not a developer or anything, I just made this thread for people to post their App Store App/Game ideas :)

2. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Sniper simulation game would be pretty awesome if you ask me and also a online shooter that isn't plague by horrible controls

3. iReview

May 25, 2009
    Well I want a game that pushes the graphics to the limit and I don't care if it takes alot of space, aha and I want it to be a game along the lines of.. Starcraft :)

4. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I have a really great idea for a TBS game, but I don't have SDK... and wouldn't know how to make the game and fix the glitches and stuff probably. And the title of the game would be something like "Fallen Crusade" or something else. But if I knew how to make one I would. :cool:

5. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    @iReview Like an RTS?

6. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    #6 BATTLE BORN, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
    somebody should make a game about my friend Aaron. seriously. It needs to be a legit developer though who can do it justice. The kid is amazing.
    [​IMG]

just take a look around his site to see what I'm talking about.
    http://www.aaronfotheringham.com/

could make for a fun game with cool accelerometer controls.

7. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    That is what starcraft is....

8. iReview

May 25, 2009
    I don't know. Starcraft has always felt on top compared to any RTS i've played :\

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I've actually have three that I'm currently working on (well, jumping from one to another) with GameSalad. Considering I can actually turn them into a reality, I'll save them just in case a lurker dev decides to steal them (sure, it may be paranoia, but the last thing I wanna see is my idea as a #1 app in the appstore :p), especially since GS won't be out of beta for at least a couple more months. I love putting stuff together and actually seeing results :D

A couple though that I definitely won't be able to make without help from at least another person.

1) A sidescrolling platformer that has the player acquire different psychic powers along the way. Telekinesis, pyrokinesis, crykinesis, biokinesis, and all that good stuff.

2) A Fancy Pants Adventures/Mirrors Edge game that involves running, jumping, diving and flipping galore.

10. Lockdown.

Lockdown. Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    An FPS with a long, in depth campaign.

11. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Silent hunter 4 type of gameplay

12. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    My idea is to good to tell.:)

13. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I would just love to see Star Craft on here in general. It's my favourite RTS of all time, if I had to choose.

14. tymurt

tymurt Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    #14 tymurt, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    asdf

15. statnut

statnut Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    A baseball version of Lemonade Tycoon.

16. iSmallZx

iSmallZx Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
  17. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    Intereactive Buddy from Newgrounds

This sounds kind of Cheesy but i think it could be an awesome game for the iPod Touch for any developer looking at this try doing this heres a link of what im talking about

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/218014

sorry im new at this so if my ideas r stupid feel free to criticize lol

18. What about 3GS specific games?
    I think it would be cool to make a sort of virtual reality game about you being a photographer. Using the accelerometer with the compass technology you could move around your iPhone like it was really a window into another reality.
    The game is in a first-person perspective of course. Then you go on missions to places like the forest, Tokyo, underwater in the ocean, and the mountains. Maybe even do smaller missions where you are payed to take professional photos at a wedding or birthday party. Depending on the percentage of the required item that is actually in the photo, whether or not the object is facing you, how rare the object is, and what the object is determines how much money you receive for that photo.
    Your character walks on a predetermined path and is continually moving forward only stopping briefly at key areas making for a challenge to quickly get your picture. Before you begin you are given a list of required items to photograph, but you can also photograph anything else you like and still be payed, but not as much. Maybe even throw in a few unrequired gems into the levels like a golden statue, or a tiger that give you bonus points for good photos of 'em.
    You could then use that money to buy new camera equipment, or plane tickets to travel to new places. It would even be cool to be able to share your favorite photos with your friends online.
    The only problems with this is that it would be 3GS only, it would most likely take up a lot of memory being 3D, and it would be graphically intense, but ultimately sweet!
    Man, now I just need a 3GS.

19. Theta-Omega

Theta-Omega Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    Things i'm already mostly developing :p . I would like a Half-Life like game though. Killtest is the Halo 3 of the iphone i assume. A Half-Life like game would be great though.

20. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Killtest.