Tap & Blast, the second game from Raptus Games!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by www.raptusgames.com, Jan 13, 2014.

1. www.raptusgames.com

www.raptusgames.com Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Game development
    #1 www.raptusgames.com, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    It has been a long time coming,
    We've been working for many a day (and night)...
    and since we're just a duo, it has been a pretty big undertaking...

ANYHOW! finally this Wednesday January 15th, our second game Tap & Blast is coming out, for the highly competitive prize of FREE!.

So without further ado, I present to you the First trailer for the game, and I hope you guys like it.

Feel free to share it / like it / kiss your screen while watching it. And remember to visit us at Raptus Games

We might have a few early access codes later today so keep an eye around here o_o
    *keep in mind that we highly recommend iPhone 4S and over to get the best experience.

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Looks quite polished and fun

But as usual when I see a price of free, I have to ask:
    what kind of IAP is there?

3. www.raptusgames.com

Oct 13, 2011
    Game development
    about in app

Well the whole game is designed to be playable without spending one dime.
    We do have A few character skins that are almost purely cosmetic, that can only be purchased with money though.

You can also pay to unlock everything in the game ( and everything that we will release in the future for the game ) too.

However, we have made the game to be pretty challenging so later levels are hard and paying will not really get you anything there.
    I personally much dislike intruding micro-transactions, so I really hope that if anyone wants to spend cash here, it's because they feel it's a worthy purchase. And not because they are shoved in your face.

4. Bronxsta

So free + a game unlock and some customizable stuff? Sounds great.

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Looks like that iOS game where you shoot pandas from cannons (cant remember the name), but on crack. Im partially in.

6. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Can't wait to try it :)

7. www.raptusgames.com

Oct 13, 2011
    Game development
    Promo codes o_o

So, since I see some peoples here interested in trying the game, I've acquired some promo codes for the sly and quick ones to get their paws on.

Do let us know what you think of our precious after you do play the game though... Pretty Pleaase?

NLAHKL7TARFM
    4TMTMWAAMHMR
    RHL9YFWFYXMW
    R7NY67M7PRW3
    WEJMNKJRLNKM
    FT3FYH3WH6AW
    HHMEWKLJKR6P
    6FWAX6P399AY
    EX6Y39XHEWFM
    9Y7JMWWPM43L

Cheers fellas, enjoy!

8. Bronxsta

Redeemed 9Y7JMWWPM43L, thank you

9. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Got HHMEWKLJKR6P

I'll see about making a gameplay video later

10. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    My sly and quick self got my grubby little paws on 6FWAX6P399AY.

Thank you.

11. Bronxsta

Impressions:
    - Game runs smoothly on my iPhone 4. Surprising, since the trailer seemed pretty graphically intensive

- 121 MB installed

- Gameplay is a lot of fun and varied. Essentially you fly from cannon to cannon, tapping to fire yourself. Seems simple at first, but soon reveals to be more complex. Moving cannons require timing, rotating cannons allow you to fire in different directions and take different routes. There are manual aimed cannons (think Angry Birds) for precise evasion, hazards and enemies to avoid, special collectables to find. Mid-air you can swipe to perform tricks for extra points
    It's just a lot of fun and surprisingly more challenging than I first anticipated

- There are also upgrades to equip. There is IAP to buy different character skins, unlock all levels, and buy currency. It all seems unnecessary for the gamer who actually wants to play through the game, so nothing to worry about
    Although, @ dev, you might want to have a single discounted pack for all skins or something alongside the individual purchases.

- Charming art style and slick menu design

12. www.raptusgames.com

Oct 13, 2011
    Game development
    Cheers Bronxsta, that is a very comprehensive analysis of the game, about IAP, we're pretty new to them, so we will most likely adjust them in a few updates when when we get an idea of how people are reacting.

( and you have no idea how challenging it gets muahahaha!)

Thanks a lot, I'm glad it worked well for you :D

13. Crazyleo

Crazyleo Active Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Unemployed
    ON Canada
    NLAHKL7TARFM redeemed.

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I picked up a code, can't remember which. Just got home so downloading now

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I agree with Bronxstas analysis (haha, he's never wrong).

When I first bottled it up I was quick to say "been there, done that" but quickly ate my words. This game has loads of variety, great visuals, and lots of personality. The menus are a little overwhelming at first but I love them, they're unique.

And something Bronxsta missed- There is a full unlock for everything (the crystal chili of stupendous flavor) but it is very expensive ($20)

May I suggest that you make it a $3 - $5 in app purchase that makes the game premium by doing this:
    -Making the level packs unlock able through normal play (completing previous pack unlocks next pack)
    -Making all the characters buyable with Points
    -Increasing the speed at whih currency is gained

This is a model a lot of gamers have been promoting (see Jet Car Stunts 2) because it allows you Devs to get their game into as many hands as possible by making it free, then if the player likes the game then he buys it. Making it a full game without freemium schemes

16. Bronxsta

#16 Bronxsta, Jan 13, 2014
    As for unlocking level packs, the game is very well balanced in the aspect, at least from what I've played. The second level pack costs 500 Chili points to unlock. I'm only on the third level of the first pack (out of ten levels) and already have 465 points. Game seems very generous in terms of earning points

And yeah, a $20 pack seems a bit extreme

But back to the game itself, it's really good. The cartoony art style really fits and stands out and the gameplay is almost puzzle like in finding the best part.

Edit: beat level 4, already have 1126 points. Yes, this is another free game done right

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012

Wait, you can unlock levels with points?! Ohhh....

18. www.raptusgames.com

Oct 13, 2011
    Game development
    Yessirs!

Yep you can unlock everything except the characters with the points, And you should have enough points for everything , although we are ideally hoping people will have to replay some levels to earn all the unlockables and points.

the Big 20 buck MTX unlocks everything forever ( we have thought of a fair amount of new levels and Characters that we are currently developing ). But it is also there as.. a sort of option to just support Raptus Games ;).

But as you notice, things might change in time, we will see if it is too overpriced, Right now its a discount if you purchased all the stages and characters with money, but it might still be a bit much.

19. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #19 Echoen, Jan 13, 2014
    Uploading a gameplay video but it'll take over an hour for my internet here.

You can play stages again to farm more points so unlocking will be no problem even for casuals as long as they can finish the stages.

Overall a decently good game discounting it's free. There's a puzzle element to it as well since you need to find the "paths" to collect all blings in order to unlock more stages (unless you purchase with IAP I suppose).

Encountered a single bug where I went through the goal but it didn't trigger stage completion so I died and had to go through the goal again.

Some things I'd like to suggest this early into the game are a combo counter, details on what the IAP characters do (they have small extra features right?), and moving the Twitter and Facebook buttons on the stage select screen to the side a little because it partially covers the text for how many blings and stars you've collected.

20. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Everyone has already said what I was gonna say, probably better than me too.
    At first I wasn't really feeling it, but it when it started getting tougher and new cannons and chillis etc were introduced I started to enjoy myself. My nephews love this type of thing so I'll be putting it on their iPads at launch.
    ImStill on the first set but look forward to the next levels as the scenery etc looks fun.
    I do think the price to unlock everything is on the steep side but understand your decision to see how it goes.
    Thanks for giving me chance to try your game.