Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (Project Needlemouse)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Capone, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    [​IMG]

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 is coming to XBox Live Arcade, PSN and WiiWare. But if you look at the Official Website, you see a locked platform:
    [​IMG]
    SonicStadium found out, that this locked platform is the iPhone and the releade date will be July:

[​IMG]

Here's the trailer.

2. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #2 italodance, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
    it must release on the CD till i buy it :p

3. Will_Mobile_Pie

Will_Mobile_Pie Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Creative Producer @ Mobile Pie
    Bristol, UK
    I hear it's worth getting excited about!

4. reo7

reo7 Member

Nov 7, 2009
    This.... Will be amazing, whether I can get it on my iPod or not.

5. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    I'm definitely getting this on two out of the four platforms...But the "episode" thing really disturbs me.

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009

The cycle of bad 3D Sonic games has ended.

7. BlazeX444

BlazeX444 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    #7 BlazeX444, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
    Sonic 4 Intro Story

It began as Sonic’s animal friends begin disappearing from South Island. Soon Sonic discovers that evil scientist Dr. Eggman has been kidnapping them and turning them into robots to collect the legendary treasure – The Chaos Emeralds. Sonic decides it’s up to him to save them and embarks on a quest to free his animal friends. Sonic battles Eggman through many different zones. Sonic eventually pursues Eggman to Final Zone where the first in many epic battles between them begins. In the end Sonic is victorious and Eggman’s Mecha fly’s away badly damaged. Sonic returns to Green Hill Zone and re-unites with his friends.

Their reunion is short lived however, as Eggman resurfaces and begins kidnapping Sonic friends again, in an effort to create more workers to finish his ultimate Weapon – The Death Egg! Teaming up with the newly met, Miles ‘Tails’ Prower, Sonic embarks on a new mission through West Side Island in an effort to free his friends and ensure Eggman does not obtain the 7 Chaos emeralds to fuel the Death Egg.

Once the West Side Island is freed, Sonic and Tails eventually board the Tornado and assault the Death Egg itself. After destroying Mecha Sonic, Eggman flees and enters his new Eggman Robot attacking Sonic! After a heated battle Sonic destroys the Eggman Robot and the Death Egg begins to explode.

Sonic and Tails fly down and come across mysterious island called Angel Island. This island is floating by the power of the precious stone called Master Emerald, but now this mysterious island are dropping down to the ocean surface because the Death Egg had been falling on this island. Sonic and Tails are attacked by a Red Echidna named Knuckles the guardian of the island.

Knuckles steals the Chaos emeralds from Sonic, being tricked by Eggman that he is an enemy come to take the Master Emerald.While Sonic and Tails are entangled by Knuckles, Eggman repairs the Death Egg and preps it for launch.

Sonic manages to jump on Death Egg just as it’s flying off. After confronting Eggman on the Death Egg, Sonic defeats Eggman once more and the Death Egg plummets back to Angel Island.

Back on the ground Dr. Eggman begins the repairing Death Egg again. Feeling Knuckles has served his purpose, he sends EggRobo to eliminate this potential threat. EggRobo finds Knuckles relaxing in Mushroom Zone and drops a bomb on him but Knuckles manages to survive. Enraged, the Wild Echidna sets off to defeat EggRobo. Meanwhile Sonic and Tails explore the island to find traces of the Death Egg and find out Eggman’s fate. After and Epic showdown between Sonic and Knuckles, Eggman uses the opportunity to finally steal the Master Emerald and re-launches the Death Egg. With the power of the emeralds, Sonic goes after Eggman, who has taken the Master Emerald into space.

Sonic and Tails secure the Master Emerald and return it to Knuckles on Angel Island. With it’s power restored, the Angel Island lifts off into the sky as Sonic and Tails fly off into the sunset.

But this humiliating defeat only serves to further Eggman’s rage, and he has determined once and for all to rid himself of Sonic. Eggman revisits – and improves – the very best of his creations to defeat our spiked hero.

And so a new Adventure begins…

Source:
    http://www.sonicretro.org/2010/02/sonic-4-intro-story/

oh & also, look INTO the words of "In 2010, the adventure continues...look familiar (Sonic 1 Special Stage)

8. xbs2034

xbs2034 Member

Apr 10, 2010
    http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2010/05/20/s4platform/

Apple verision of the game is now confirmed by Sega, sounds like it will release later than July as rumored. "Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I is developed specifically for the download market and will be available via Microsoft XBLA, Sony PSN, Nintendo WiiWare and the iTunes App Store in late 2010".

9. bmn0210

bmn0210 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Why is it delayed? Last I heard it was said to be in late beta, almost completed. Unless they're actually scrapping the whole thing and starting over I can't imagine what's taking them even this long, let alone delaying it further. Especially since it's an episodic release.

10. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    #10 EMTKiNG, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
    Where the hell is Sonic & Knuckles????:mad:

11. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    I will be getting this on ONE condition! As long as there is NO voice acting! (can anyone confirm?)

12. BTM4444

BTM4444 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Freshman In College. Studying Public Administratio
    Cleveland, Ohio
    omg im definitely getting this!! Cant Wait!!!

13. Beto_Machado

Beto_Machado Well-Known Member

I hope they just don't tack on controls like in the emulated games. Make real, worthy iPhone controls!

And yeah, no talking Sonic, no humans, no swords or werewolves!

14. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    about time sega realized that all we want from sonic is good old side-scrolling fun. none of this 3d platform rubbish, none of this extra rpg junk, just a start on the left, and a finish on the right, interposed by rings, bad guys and loop de loops.

15. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    And yeah, no talking Sonic, no humans, no swords or werewolves![/QUOTE]

How about emo hedgehogs...?

16. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think this will come out around the same time as Monkey Island 2! WOOO!

17. stuffradio

stuffradio Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Can't wait, will be getting this on my iPhone HD!

18. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009

http://toucharcade.com/2010/06/15/e3-2010-hands-on-with-segas-sonic-4/

19. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    The vid looks awesome! Can't wait!