DropZap 3 rejected from app store! What should I do?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by amichail, Mar 30, 2011.

1. amichail

amichail Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    #1 amichail, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
    This is very frustrating. DropZap 3 has by far the coolest gameplay of the three IMO:

So they want me to combine DropZap, DropZap 2, and DropZap 3 into one app using the In App Purchase API.

But there are problems with this. Maybe you can help me.

If I use the In App Purchase API in DropZap to provide DropZap 2 and DropZap 3 gameplay, what would happen to DropZap 2 which is already in the app store? Whenever I would make updates relating to DropZap 2 gameplay, would I then update both DropZap and DropZap 2?

Also, DropZap provides two methods for global scores (my own + Game Center). DropZap 2 only provides Game Center. My custom method is laborious as it involves me manually checking submitted nicknames and I would rather not use it for DropZap 2 or 3 gameplay. Removing my custom method from DropZap is problematic since not everyone can use Game Center and so it would be like removing a major feature from DropZap.

Finally, DropZap provides three graphics styles, but I only want to use one for DropZap 2 and DropZap 3. Users may expect to be able to use all three when they purchase DropZap 2 or DropZap 3 gameplay.

Any advice would be appreciated on what I could do.

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    The fact that you've been around TouchArcade for awhile and that you posted a gameplay video with your thread makes me think that you purposefully posted this in the wrong forum as an advertising ploy...not as an honest mistake. :\

3. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    <3 DropZap.

That's infuriating of them, I don't blame you for being upset. Although it does "go against the culture" of the App Store to release separate sequels in the fashion you usually do, they should honor your decision to do as you like since it is your app/sales anyway, no skin off their teeth.

But then, there's plenty of cases where Apple "should" do things which they never will..

Also, I don't see this as an advertising ploy, I think it is an honest to goodness question.. there's no download link, for example

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Just the word "DropZap" TWENTY ONE times ;)

5. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    must get DropZap 3 into the store!!